Sennheiser Adidas OMX 680i Sports earphones
Sennheiser and Adidas have collaborated to produce a quality pair of sports headphones
- In-line remote, iPhone compatible, durable design
- Can be difficult to insert earbuds
The partnership between Sennheiser and adidas has produced fitness-themed earphones that are built to last with good sound quality and iPhone/iPod support.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
The Sennheiser Adidas OMX 680i Sports earphones provide reasonable quality sound at an affordable price. The earphones were designed for fitness enthusiasts, and are part of the range from the German dream team of Sennheiser and Adidas. The Sennheiser Adidas OMX 680i headphones feature clips that bend to fit around your ears, similar to the Sennheiser OMX 181. The bright yellow colour of the cable and earbuds will make you stand out in a crowd.
We really like Sennheiser's collaboration with Adidas, and think it has delivered a sports-friendly and sturdy product. The earphones are sweat- and water-resistant, and the cable is encased in Kevlar for greater strength and durability. One of the main features of the OMX 680i Sports earphones is an in-line remote that was designed especially for the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and Adidas' own miCoach. It is also compatible with iPods, and features a built-in microphone so you can answer phone calls. The unit has rubber buttons for volume and skipping tracks as well as a play/pause button.
The first time we put on the earphones, we were impressed with how light the headphones were — they only weigh 18 grams. However, we found that adjusting the clips and fitting the earbuds was a bit of a challenge initially. The earphones do get slightly uncomfortable after a couple of hours, but unless you're running a marathon this shouldn't be a huge problem. The sound quality of the earphones was generally acceptable: they have clear treble, but we wanted more power in the bass department. The headphones do not do a very good job of providing isolation from ambient noise, which might be annoying in loud outdoor settings. We tested the microphone on the in-line remote and encountered no problems with voice quality.
The OMX 680i Sports earphones from Sennheiser and Adidas are a solid option if you require a sturdy pair of headphones for outdoor use or exercise. They lose some points for lack of comfort and fiddly insertion, but overall they are well designed and produce reasonable sound.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Beats Solo2 headphones go wireless for $399
- Parrot's Zik 2.0 headphones include an accelerometer and plenty of noise cancelling
- Kogan opens online shop in New Zealand
- Sennheiser's new DJ range of headphones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC