Sennheiser Adidas OMX 680i Sports earphones
Sennheiser and Adidas have collaborated to produce a quality pair of sports headphones
- In-line remote, iPhone compatible, durable design
- Can be difficult to insert earbuds
The partnership between Sennheiser and adidas has produced fitness-themed earphones that are built to last with good sound quality and iPhone/iPod support.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
The Sennheiser Adidas OMX 680i Sports earphones provide reasonable quality sound at an affordable price. The earphones were designed for fitness enthusiasts, and are part of the range from the German dream team of Sennheiser and Adidas. The Sennheiser Adidas OMX 680i headphones feature clips that bend to fit around your ears, similar to the Sennheiser OMX 181. The bright yellow colour of the cable and earbuds will make you stand out in a crowd.
We really like Sennheiser's collaboration with Adidas, and think it has delivered a sports-friendly and sturdy product. The earphones are sweat- and water-resistant, and the cable is encased in Kevlar for greater strength and durability. One of the main features of the OMX 680i Sports earphones is an in-line remote that was designed especially for the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and Adidas' own miCoach. It is also compatible with iPods, and features a built-in microphone so you can answer phone calls. The unit has rubber buttons for volume and skipping tracks as well as a play/pause button.
The first time we put on the earphones, we were impressed with how light the headphones were — they only weigh 18 grams. However, we found that adjusting the clips and fitting the earbuds was a bit of a challenge initially. The earphones do get slightly uncomfortable after a couple of hours, but unless you're running a marathon this shouldn't be a huge problem. The sound quality of the earphones was generally acceptable: they have clear treble, but we wanted more power in the bass department. The headphones do not do a very good job of providing isolation from ambient noise, which might be annoying in loud outdoor settings. We tested the microphone on the in-line remote and encountered no problems with voice quality.
The OMX 680i Sports earphones from Sennheiser and Adidas are a solid option if you require a sturdy pair of headphones for outdoor use or exercise. They lose some points for lack of comfort and fiddly insertion, but overall they are well designed and produce reasonable sound.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Latest News Articles
- Apple's AirPods could deliver audio with multiple wireless protocols
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Beats Solo2 headphones go wireless for $399
- Astro A38 review: A staggering price to pay for convenience
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTDeployment Manager | ContractVIC
- CCOrganisational Change Analyst - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCUnix/Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- TPAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCSalesforce Functional AnalystNSW
- FTSCOM Monitoring and Alerting SpecialistNSW
- FTFinancial ERP Customer - Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- FTRACF Mainframe Security Analysts / Engineers - Multiple Roles - SydneyNSW
- CCInfrastructure Test Lead - Contract 6-8 wks initially - IT Services - North RydeNSW
- FTSenior C# Analyst Programmer, Product & MarketsNSW
- CCProcurement OfficerQLD
- FTStorage Engineer (HDS)NSW
- FTSAP Logistics ConsultantNSW
- FTSales Operations ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Applications SupportNSW
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerNSW
- CCProduct Design AnalystNSW
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - Microsoft / VMWareVIC