Sennheiser Adidas OMX 680i Sports earphones
Sennheiser and Adidas have collaborated to produce a quality pair of sports headphones
- In-line remote, iPhone compatible, durable design
- Can be difficult to insert earbuds
The partnership between Sennheiser and adidas has produced fitness-themed earphones that are built to last with good sound quality and iPhone/iPod support.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
The Sennheiser Adidas OMX 680i Sports earphones provide reasonable quality sound at an affordable price. The earphones were designed for fitness enthusiasts, and are part of the range from the German dream team of Sennheiser and Adidas. The Sennheiser Adidas OMX 680i headphones feature clips that bend to fit around your ears, similar to the Sennheiser OMX 181. The bright yellow colour of the cable and earbuds will make you stand out in a crowd.
We really like Sennheiser's collaboration with Adidas, and think it has delivered a sports-friendly and sturdy product. The earphones are sweat- and water-resistant, and the cable is encased in Kevlar for greater strength and durability. One of the main features of the OMX 680i Sports earphones is an in-line remote that was designed especially for the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and Adidas' own miCoach. It is also compatible with iPods, and features a built-in microphone so you can answer phone calls. The unit has rubber buttons for volume and skipping tracks as well as a play/pause button.
The first time we put on the earphones, we were impressed with how light the headphones were — they only weigh 18 grams. However, we found that adjusting the clips and fitting the earbuds was a bit of a challenge initially. The earphones do get slightly uncomfortable after a couple of hours, but unless you're running a marathon this shouldn't be a huge problem. The sound quality of the earphones was generally acceptable: they have clear treble, but we wanted more power in the bass department. The headphones do not do a very good job of providing isolation from ambient noise, which might be annoying in loud outdoor settings. We tested the microphone on the in-line remote and encountered no problems with voice quality.
The OMX 680i Sports earphones from Sennheiser and Adidas are a solid option if you require a sturdy pair of headphones for outdoor use or exercise. They lose some points for lack of comfort and fiddly insertion, but overall they are well designed and produce reasonable sound.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Apple's AirPods could deliver audio with multiple wireless protocols
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Beats Solo2 headphones go wireless for $399
- Astro A38 review: A staggering price to pay for convenience
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- TPIT Security AdvisorACT
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst Digital/ Web projectsVIC
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTData Analyst - MDMNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCTest Automation ArchitectQLD
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- CCMaster Planner /SchedulerQLD
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD