Sega Ghost Squad
- Lots of unlockable content, fast action means twitch gamers with itchy trigger fingers should definitely apply
- Limited number of levels, game will probably wear thin after a few playthroughs
Lacking in depth and substance, Ghost Squad relies on trigger happy gamers content to play the same levels again and again.
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
The game's story is minimal and the cut scenes are hilariously cheesy but it all comes across as campy and fun rather than pathetic.
Ghost Squad only has a handful of levels but there are a lot of branching paths and unlockable content, which helps replayability; you'll probably hit the wall a lot faster with this game than with Chronicles, though. Still, while it's still fresh, the game is pretty fun. It relies more on twitch skills with a quick pace and enemies that literally jump into your line of fire. It's a more manic experience than the slow and methodical Chronicles so pick whichever one suits your play style more.
There's also four player multiplayer modes -- sweet -- and the ability to upload your scores to online leader boards -- also sweet. The multitude of unlockable costumes and weapons also help but again, the game will be constrained by its small number of levels. While it lasts, though, the game is a fun and enjoyable way to blow off some steam; light-gun junkies should definitely take a look at this one.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Latest News Articles
- Divinity: Original Sin II preview: Choose your own reactive, gloriously chaotic adventure
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole preview: With great farts come great responsibility
- Konami's Metal Gear Survive is a co-op zombie survival game
- Microsoft wants all your devices to run on Xbox One’s proprietary wireless signal
- Warning: No Man’s Sky's PC port is broken and buggy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160818/P/265Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCUNIX/ LINUX SERVER ENGINEERVIC
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW