Sega Ghost Squad
- Lots of unlockable content, fast action means twitch gamers with itchy trigger fingers should definitely apply
- Limited number of levels, game will probably wear thin after a few playthroughs
Lacking in depth and substance, Ghost Squad relies on trigger happy gamers content to play the same levels again and again.
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 1 store)
The game's story is minimal and the cut scenes are hilariously cheesy but it all comes across as campy and fun rather than pathetic.
Ghost Squad only has a handful of levels but there are a lot of branching paths and unlockable content, which helps replayability; you'll probably hit the wall a lot faster with this game than with Chronicles, though. Still, while it's still fresh, the game is pretty fun. It relies more on twitch skills with a quick pace and enemies that literally jump into your line of fire. It's a more manic experience than the slow and methodical Chronicles so pick whichever one suits your play style more.
There's also four player multiplayer modes -- sweet -- and the ability to upload your scores to online leader boards -- also sweet. The multitude of unlockable costumes and weapons also help but again, the game will be constrained by its small number of levels. While it lasts, though, the game is a fun and enjoyable way to blow off some steam; light-gun junkies should definitely take a look at this one.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia Lumia 830 review: Punching above its weight
- 2 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 3 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 4 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
- New Windows 10 TP build adds Windows Phone Action Center
- Software developer shortage transcends international boundaries
- SAP offering customers 'simpler' way to buy its Hana in-memory platform
- Intel venture capital funds target Chinese startups in wearables, IoT
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW