Sega Ghost Squad
- Lots of unlockable content, fast action means twitch gamers with itchy trigger fingers should definitely apply
- Limited number of levels, game will probably wear thin after a few playthroughs
Lacking in depth and substance, Ghost Squad relies on trigger happy gamers content to play the same levels again and again.
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
The game's story is minimal and the cut scenes are hilariously cheesy but it all comes across as campy and fun rather than pathetic.
Ghost Squad only has a handful of levels but there are a lot of branching paths and unlockable content, which helps replayability; you'll probably hit the wall a lot faster with this game than with Chronicles, though. Still, while it's still fresh, the game is pretty fun. It relies more on twitch skills with a quick pace and enemies that literally jump into your line of fire. It's a more manic experience than the slow and methodical Chronicles so pick whichever one suits your play style more.
There's also four player multiplayer modes -- sweet -- and the ability to upload your scores to online leader boards -- also sweet. The multitude of unlockable costumes and weapons also help but again, the game will be constrained by its small number of levels. While it lasts, though, the game is a fun and enjoyable way to blow off some steam; light-gun junkies should definitely take a look at this one.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Huawei female watch review: Bringing out your inner fashionista
- 4 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 5 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- YouTube Gaming update packs in landscape mode, new chat layout, and other improvements
- Warning: The new Marvel: Ultimate Alliance PC ports are a disastrous mess
- Nintendo's hotly anticipated Pokémon Go Plus wearable delayed until September
- Epic CEO: How Microsoft is plotting to cripple Steam and seize control of PC gaming
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCService Coordinator/HelpdeskWA
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW