ScanSoft PDF Converter 2.0 Professional
Price$ 195.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
- DIGPRO 37mm 0.45x Wide Angle/Macro Lens Converter 24.95
DF Converter 2.0 Professional is an amalgam of two ScanSoft PDF tools sold separately: PDF Converter and PDF Create. The former lets you transfer the text and images contained in a non-editable Acrobat PDF file into an editable Word document; while the latter installs a special PDF printer driver - to create a PDF, simply print your document to it.
While Converter 2.0 is confined to Word, with PDF Create you can print from any Windows application. Installation is simple, but it requires product activation.
PDF creation is a smooth affair and batch processing of multiple documents into PDFs is handled by the separate PDF Create Assistant. The PDF conversion process is child's play: right-click the PDF and select Open PDF in Word. Word is then launched and the conversion process commences. Or you can open a PDF as if it were a native format. The conversion status box appears while the document is translated.
If the PDF has lots of pages it can take a minute or so to process, even on a moderately powerful processor. PDF Converter does its best to translate documents into Word format, matching typefaces to the closest available on the host PC. Adobe Reader 6.0 lets you extract text (but not graphics) from an unencrypted PDF and doesn't preserve the format.
On the whole, the fidelity of the converted PDF document is pretty good. PDF Converter only gets mildly flummoxed by complex things such as multicolumn layouts. When it does convert a form into Word format, it remains editable - a neat touch.
Click here to view a screen shot. of PDF Create - a batch processing tool is available for both the conversion and creation processes.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
- Windows 10 migration: At least it's not like last time
- How Microsoft is building on Windows 10, and why developers care
- Google Chrome dethrones Internet Explorer to become undisputed browser champion
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCProject Coordinator- PRINCE2 & Portal/Website/Digital bckgNSW
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCFront end web developer - JUNE / JULY STARTACT
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW