- HDMI inputs, Clear sounding and customizable integrated sound, great image quality.
- Short warranty period, price
Excellent screen and image quality, although the support period provided is too short.
Price$ 2,499.00 (AUD)
The LCD-32XR1, a 32" LCD panel, is apart of Sanyo's latest range of LCD's that have been marketed as quality displays without the high price tag. Although the image quality ranks right up there with other well known competitors, we think this particular panel falters with only a short warranty.being offered.
The design of the LCD-32XR1 is quite ordinary, with silver speakers attached to a black bezel. Inputs are located on the back of the panel, and include an impressive variety of hi-definition inputs, including HDMI, component input and 2 SCART inputs. Standard inputs such as S-Video, composite, headphone and RCA audio inputs are also available. The speakers provide ample sound support for regular TV viewing, and there is also an impressive amount of configurability to the sound, with a graphic equalizer accessible through the menu system. The menu system also reveals several other important configuration features such as Digital Noise Reduction (DNR), brightness, contrast and colour temperature settings.
The auto-search function immediately recognizes a video source when the TV is turned on and switches to it. We actually found this slightly irritating when we had multiple video sources plugged in, for instead of loading the previously used video signal, it would flip between the video input sources. Users will find some very handy image calibration options in the menu system; in particular, we found the noise reduction feature very helpful in reducing the inherent graininess present in LCD panels.
The TV comes with an inbuilt analogue tuner, and although this signal does not justify the achievable image quality from the panel, its good know that users do not necessarily need an external tuner. We did set up an external Hi-Def set top box, and the image quality was exceptional. Displaying full screen at 720P, the colour qualities were rendered accurately, with very similar results to Samsung's LA32R51B . The contrast ratio is one of the best we have seen with LCD technology, with dark scenes easily resolved when compared to displays such as Legend Digital's 30" LCD . Simply put, the performance of this screen is comparable to the better regarded brands.
We do anticipate some users will feel uncomfortable with the short warranty period of 12 months. We have seen most screens supported by at least a 2 year warranty, as well as plasma's with up to a 5 year warranty. Only having 12 months is definitely too short, and with the retail price listed above, we would be cautious when purchasing this screen.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Report says Samsung's Tizen OS on smart TVs is a virtual playground for hackers
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCUAT Test CoordinatorQLD
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- FTIT Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst Forecaster - TelecommunicationsNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSolution Architect - Network Operations/Design - TelcoVIC
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTRecruitment ConsultantSA
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- TPService Desk OperatorQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)ACT
- CCService Desk SupportNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystVIC
- CCProject Scheduler/CoordinatorVIC