Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 LED monitor
Samsung's latest LED monitor is a Full HD panel with impressive image quality
- Great design, thin bezel, matte screen, HDMI input, optical audio out, excellent brightness and colour
- Doesn't swivel or rotate, not height adjustable, slight backlight bleeding
Samsung's 23in SyncMaster XL2370 LED monitor is one of the best looking displays on the market, and its performance is equally impressive. Excellent brightness and colour make this a great monitor for a variety of purposes.
LED-backlit televisions are all the rage right now, and this technology is slowly trickling into the monitor space. Samsung is one of the leaders when it comes to LED TVs, so it's no surprise to see it release an impressive Full HD, LED-backlit monitor like the 23in SyncMaster XL2370.
The Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 LED monitor is one of the thinnest monitors on the market. It's sleek and relatively light. The stylish, glossy black bezel has a transparent overlay around the edges, as does the base. This gives the monitor a distinctive look.
The Samsung SyncMaster XL2370's screen has a matte finish, so reflections aren't an issue. This means it's ideal for use in an office with fluorescent lighting. Unfortunately, the SyncMaster XL2370 isn't height adjustable and it can't swivel or rotate. Though it feels well constructed, it tends to wobble on its stand when pushed.
The Samsung SyncMaster XL2370's on-screen display is accessed via touch-sensitive controls on the bottom right of the bezel. The buttons are hidden when not in use and by default only light up when tapped (there is an option to have them lit permanently). They are fairly responsive, though sometimes they require an extra tap to activate.
The Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 LED monitor is a Full HD display with a resolution of 1920x1080. It includes DVI and HDMI inputs, an analog audio output and an optical digital audio out port. There is no VGA port, but Samsung includes a DVI to VGA cable in the sales package.
The overall performance of the SyncMaster XL2370 LED monitor is very impressive. Brightness levels are excellent without affecting black levels, colour reproduction is outstanding and there is no sign of any ghosting during fast movement in games or movies. The monitor displays a very natural looking image that is ideal for a variety of uses.
We did notice slight backlight bleeding on the top and bottom edges of the screen, and viewing angles aren't great (though this is to be expected from a TN panel). There are no issues when viewing the screen from directly in front, but horizontal and vertical angles result in noticeable colour shift and darkening.
Stay up to date with the latest news, reviews and features. Sign up to PC World’s newsletters
Follow PC World Australia on Twitter: @PCWorldAu
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
- HP settles cases with inkjet cartridge vendors
- Study predicts PS3 will win the console war
- Samsung wave makes a splash at Mobile World Congress
- Sony finally back in the black (but not thanks to PlayStation)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW