Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 LED monitor
Samsung's latest LED monitor is a Full HD panel with impressive image quality
- Great design, thin bezel, matte screen, HDMI input, optical audio out, excellent brightness and colour
- Doesn't swivel or rotate, not height adjustable, slight backlight bleeding
Samsung's 23in SyncMaster XL2370 LED monitor is one of the best looking displays on the market, and its performance is equally impressive. Excellent brightness and colour make this a great monitor for a variety of purposes.
LED-backlit televisions are all the rage right now, and this technology is slowly trickling into the monitor space. Samsung is one of the leaders when it comes to LED TVs, so it's no surprise to see it release an impressive Full HD, LED-backlit monitor like the 23in SyncMaster XL2370.
The Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 LED monitor is one of the thinnest monitors on the market. It's sleek and relatively light. The stylish, glossy black bezel has a transparent overlay around the edges, as does the base. This gives the monitor a distinctive look.
The Samsung SyncMaster XL2370's screen has a matte finish, so reflections aren't an issue. This means it's ideal for use in an office with fluorescent lighting. Unfortunately, the SyncMaster XL2370 isn't height adjustable and it can't swivel or rotate. Though it feels well constructed, it tends to wobble on its stand when pushed.
The Samsung SyncMaster XL2370's on-screen display is accessed via touch-sensitive controls on the bottom right of the bezel. The buttons are hidden when not in use and by default only light up when tapped (there is an option to have them lit permanently). They are fairly responsive, though sometimes they require an extra tap to activate.
The Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 LED monitor is a Full HD display with a resolution of 1920x1080. It includes DVI and HDMI inputs, an analog audio output and an optical digital audio out port. There is no VGA port, but Samsung includes a DVI to VGA cable in the sales package.
The overall performance of the SyncMaster XL2370 LED monitor is very impressive. Brightness levels are excellent without affecting black levels, colour reproduction is outstanding and there is no sign of any ghosting during fast movement in games or movies. The monitor displays a very natural looking image that is ideal for a variety of uses.
We did notice slight backlight bleeding on the top and bottom edges of the screen, and viewing angles aren't great (though this is to be expected from a TN panel). There are no issues when viewing the screen from directly in front, but horizontal and vertical angles result in noticeable colour shift and darkening.
Stay up to date with the latest news, reviews and features. Sign up to PC World’s newsletters
Follow PC World Australia on Twitter: @PCWorldAu
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 3 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 4 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 5 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
Latest News Articles
- Sony's PlayStation 4 Pro finally adds 4K video support for local files
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- Sony's virtual reality suit is why people go to SXSW
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
- HP settles cases with inkjet cartridge vendors
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantWA
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- FTField Services EngineerWA
- FTJunior Network EngineerNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystQLD
- FTCisco Network Engineer (FIFO)WA
- TPGIS Officer | Map InfoQLD
- CCEnterprise/Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPProject Manager - General InsuranceNSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- FTAgile CoachVIC
- CCLightweight Directory Access Procol (LDAP) DeveloperNSW
- FTFinancial ERP Customer - Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- FTReporting Analyst - HR / PayrollNSW
- FTImplementation LeadVIC
- FTApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!QLD
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCIT SharePoint SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTNBN Sales Consultant / Account ManagersSA
- CCTechnical Project ManagerNSW