Samsung SyncMaster P2250 LCD monitor
Samsung brings the "Crystal Design" of its televisions to the latest SyncMaster LCD monitor
- Attractive design, good colours, crisp text, excellent sharpness
- Glossy finish attracts fingerprint, struggles to distinguish blacks, no HDMI input
The Samsung SyncMaster P2250 LCD monitor looks great and performs reasonably well, though it’s a little pricey when factoring in the lack of an HDMI input.
Price$ 449.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 3 stores)
- S-View Cover for Samsung Galaxy S6 (Yellow) 18.91
- Sherwood Regulator 2250 PSI ONE PIECE SAFETY - ... 41.98
- 2250-P Personalized Reversible Growler Serving ... 121.99
Samsung has brought the style of its previous LCD television range to its latest LCD monitors. Though lacking the LED backlighting technology seen in many of the latest televisions and bereft of an HDMI port, the 21.5in SyncMaster P2250 LCD monitor provides good all-round image quality.
Part of the "Lavender" series of monitors, the SyncMaster P2250 LCD monitor uses Samsung's "Crystal Design" — an ultra-slim bezel with a piano black finish and a hint of red on its edges. The glossy finish attracts fingerprints and reflects the fluorescent lighting of a standard office environment, but it's certainly an attractive and stylish look.
There is a touch-sensitive control panel on the bottom right of the SyncMaster P2250's bezel. The six buttons display glowing red text when pressed and this means they can be seen in the dark. They aren't as responsive as we'd have liked — they often take more than one press to activate and this can become frustrating. The glossy round stand of the SyncMaster P2250 LCD monitor matches the design but provides limited adjustability. It can be tilted but doesn’t swivel or rotate.
The biggest disappointment with the Samsung SyncMaster P2250 LCD monitor is its lack of an HDMI input. This means it won't appeal to users who may want to hook it up to the latest high-definition gaming consoles. It has single D-Sub and DVI ports and Samsung only includes a VGA cable in the sales package.
With a Full HD resolution of 1920x1080, a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 2ms response time, the lack of HDMI is a real shame, because otherwise the P2250 is a solid performer. Using DisplayMate, we put the SyncMaster P2250 through its paces and were generally impressed, though it's far from perfect. Contrast and colour are excellent but the monitor struggles with distinguishing blacks at the top end of the scale.
General office tasks are pleasing: text is sharp and clear with no visible aberrations, though the light reflecting off the glossy bezel did tire our eyes after long periods of use. Detail and general sharpness are also impressive and we encountered no issues of ghosting when watching movies and playing games.
Follow PC World Australia on Twitter: @PCWorldAu
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple slates March 21 event, with 4-in. iPhone likely on the stage
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Tablets replace books for kids back at school
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Australian Government issues security warning to Apple users
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia