Samsung SyncMaster 305T
- Excellent text and graphics
- Does not include OSD controls
Samsung's SyncMaster 305T is pricey, but it's within the range of what other 30in LCDs cost. If you seek a monitor on which to spread out and see lots of documents at once, the 305T would be a fine choice.
Price$ 2,399.00 (AUD)
This 30-inch display has first-rate image quality overall, though colours looked slightly dull in some photos.
The SyncMaster 305T performed well in our image quality tests, showing sharp text and nuanced colour. Jurors were impressed with the 305T's rendering of text in a Microsoft Word document, as well as in a screen of repeating E's and M's.
The 305T showed a couple of photos in which colours appeared a bit muted in comparison with the other displays in the test group, but colour representation seemed good overall.
This SyncMaster has a smooth black bezel and a circular stand. It tilts and swivels smoothly, though it is not height-adjustable, and it does not pivot. It is wall-mountable.
The only control it has to adjust the screen is one for brightness -- buttons on the front of the bezel increase and decrease the brightness of the display, and that's it. Currently no on-screen components are available to support the 305T's high resolution of 2560x1600, but Samsung states that future versions of this model should include an on-screen display for adjustments.
Two downstream USB ports reside on the back of the display. Samsung also includes a power-saver mode -- this switches the monitor to a low-power status when it has not been in use for some time.
At $2499, this SyncMaster is certainly pricey, but it falls well within the range of what other 30in LCDs cost. If you seek a monitor on which to spread out and see lots of documents at once, the 305T would be a fine choice.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
Latest News Articles
- Dell's monstrous 70-inch touchscreen monitor takes aim at Microsoft's Surface Hub
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTBI Developer-Micro-strategyNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical SpecialistVIC
- CCJava Developer - CQ5VIC
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- FTMid-Senior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCContract Senior IT Assistant (Lotus Notes) 161101/SITA/571Asia
- TPSenior Business Analyst | GovernmentQLD
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTXamarin DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW