Samsung SyncMaster 245T
This fully adjustable monitor has many inputs and good image quality -- along with a hefty price tag.
- Plethora of inputs, picture-in-picture
- No built-in speakers, no Display Port connection
It'll deliver a good quality image and has plenty of inputs, but it's expensive.
Price$ 1,199.00 (AUD)
Samsung's 245T is a great-looking, thin-bezel monitor that can swivel, tilt, pivot, and be adjusted for height.
The monitor's connectivity options include four USB ports, plus HDMI, VGA, DVI, composite, component, and S-Video ports. The only input missing is a Display Port connection, a linking technology that has gained popularity recently.
Despite the 245T's $1199.00 price tag, you don't get a built-in Webcam or speakers; the display does have a picture-in-picture option — a great feature to have, in view of all the input choices.
In our test centre evaluations, the monitor performed well, earning a score of Very Good. Nevertheless, it finished slightly below Samsung's own SyncMaster 2493HM (which has built-in speakers) in overall performance. The 245T's extra video inputs and USB ports (four versus the 2493HM's two) are the main differences between the two monitors. But those extras raise the 245T's price.
The 245T is best suited for users who need many connectivity options — because, say, they want to use it for PC work and TV/movie viewing. But the 245T costs more than some other monitors available that have just as many inputs and output an image of the same quality.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
- More high-end GPUs are now compatible with Dell's 8K monitor
- Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
- LG's 4K HDR monitor gets a price and release date, heralding a new era for PC displays
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDevelopment Team LeadQLD
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- FTSenior MS Server Administrator with HyperVNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)ACT
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- FTSAP ABAP Technical specialistACT
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCNetworks Engineer - SecurityVIC
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTPMO - Master SchedulerVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTSalesforce Developer - UrgentNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FTMarket Data Analyst, Investment BankingNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer x 2NSW
- FTOperations OrchestrationVIC
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk - Level 1 SupportVIC