Samsung SyncMaster 243T
- High image quality, very adjustable
- Poor motion playback
Outstanding image quality and full adjustability options make the Samsung SyncMaster 243t an excellent pick for business applications.
Price$ 4,599.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 3 stores)
- EL243S Pocket Calculator 11.50
- Junior RJ9535S Sunglasses 243/71 91.95
- Diamond Drum WF1104XAC 10kg Front Load Washing ... 1088.00
Samsung's 24" SyncMaster 243t has no desire to be a TV; it just wants to be a great monitor. It's one of the few wide screens we've tested that offers no component, composite or S-Video inputs.
When we tested the monitor, we judged its text display and graphics to be among the best of any of the 23"-and-up models we've looked at. The 243t made an especially strong showing on our test screens of a colour scale and of fonts in different sizes.
Unlike most other wide screens, the 243t supports a full range of adjustments--including pivot-- enhancing its bona fides as an excellent business display. Its height adjustment feature is an awkward affair that requires you to push a button in the back of the base, but its tilt, swivel, and pivot adjustments are smooth.
A slow, 25-millisecond response time makes the 243t ill-suited for video playback. When we watched a scene from our test movie on the display, we saw distracting motion artefacts. In what may be a bid to leave those artefacts behind, Samsung now offers the SyncMaster 242mp, a 24" model with a rated 16ms response time and with composite, S-Video and component inputs.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- LG's ultra-thin touchscreen panels will enable lighter, thinner notebooks
- Curved displays from TVs see uptake in PCs, monitors
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
- LG to unveil curved ultrawide monitor at IFA
- Ultra high-definition and 3.5mm bezels are traits of AOC’s new monitors
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW