First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Samsung SpinPoint - 160GB
- None to speak of
- Slower transfer rates, Slightly noisy
Suited to a mainstream PC where fast data transfer rates are not all that important.
Price$ 169.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 1 store)
- GALAXY Note 2 4G N7105 (16GB GREY) 379.00
Samsung's SATA range of drives have mainstream capacities, starting at 80GB, and the model we tested was the SpinPoint SP1614C, which is a 160GB drive with an 8MB cache buffer, a 7200rpm spin speed and fluid dynamic bearings.
Although it had respectable levels of noise and heat emission, the Samsung did not perform at all well in our tests. It only managed to transfer 814MB per minute during our file transfer test, well behind most of the competition. During this test its temperature reached a maximum of 41 degrees and its seek and write operations were only slightly audible.
The SpinPoint SP1614C has a formatted capacity of 149GB, which is slightly lower than the 152GB capacities offered by 160GB Western Digital and Maxtor drives. Its cost-per-gigabyte is not as low as the aforementioned vendors' drives.
Latest News Articles
- Twitter more than doubles its sales, stock soars
- BlackBerry focuses on security for the enterprise
- Oracle hits back at ex-employee's claims over in-memory database option
- Uber, Airbnb go after businesses
- Guns, vandals and thieves: Data shows US networks under attack
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 2 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
- 3 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 4 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 5 How to pick the right size TV for your living room
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- 76% off $5.98
- $45.99 free shipping
- 52% off $11.99
- $107 free shipping
- $24.98 free shipping
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »