Samsung Series 7 LED TV (preview)
Samsung's 2011 Series 7 3D LED TV has some exciting new features
- Smart TV features and applications, wireless charging for slim 3D glasses, thin bezel and chassis
- Who knows? We'll find out when we test it
Samsung's D7000 Series 7 LED TV is one of the top 3D TVs announced at CES 2011. The differences between this and the top Series 8 seem to be mainly cosmetic; we're looking forward to conducting some thorough testing when we get a review unit.
The latest Samsung Series 7 LED TV, announced at the CES 2011 show, has almost all the bells and whistles of the Samsung Series 8 LED TV: 3D processing, 200Hz and a very thin bezel combine to create an impressive television.
The Samsung Series 7 LED TV doesn't have the Series 8's inbuilt Wi-Fi or touchscreen remote control, which means it should be significantly cheaper. If picture quality is your main concern, this is a good thing. The Series 7 is just as thin and attractive as the Series 8, with a chrome bezel that's barely thicker than 5mm.
The design of the Samsung Series 7 differs from its more expensive sibling with a touch of red around the crystal bezel surround. The same four-legged stand that we saw on the original Samsung Series 7 LED TV from 2010 is back, and it still looks excellent.
We're yet to get a review unit in our Test Centre, but we're looking forward to some hands on time with the 2011 Samsung Series 7 TV.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
- HP settles cases with inkjet cartridge vendors
- Study predicts PS3 will win the console war
- Samsung wave makes a splash at Mobile World Congress
- Sony finally back in the black (but not thanks to PlayStation)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW