Samsung Series 7 LED TV (preview)
Samsung's 2011 Series 7 3D LED TV has some exciting new features
- Smart TV features and applications, wireless charging for slim 3D glasses, thin bezel and chassis
- Who knows? We'll find out when we test it
Samsung's D7000 Series 7 LED TV is one of the top 3D TVs announced at CES 2011. The differences between this and the top Series 8 seem to be mainly cosmetic; we're looking forward to conducting some thorough testing when we get a review unit.
The latest Samsung Series 7 LED TV, announced at the CES 2011 show, has almost all the bells and whistles of the Samsung Series 8 LED TV: 3D processing, 200Hz and a very thin bezel combine to create an impressive television.
The Samsung Series 7 LED TV doesn't have the Series 8's inbuilt Wi-Fi or touchscreen remote control, which means it should be significantly cheaper. If picture quality is your main concern, this is a good thing. The Series 7 is just as thin and attractive as the Series 8, with a chrome bezel that's barely thicker than 5mm.
The design of the Samsung Series 7 differs from its more expensive sibling with a touch of red around the crystal bezel surround. The same four-legged stand that we saw on the original Samsung Series 7 LED TV from 2010 is back, and it still looks excellent.
We're yet to get a review unit in our Test Centre, but we're looking forward to some hands on time with the 2011 Samsung Series 7 TV.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
- HP settles cases with inkjet cartridge vendors
- Study predicts PS3 will win the console war
- Samsung wave makes a splash at Mobile World Congress
- Sony finally back in the black (but not thanks to PlayStation)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC