Samsung Series 7 LED TV (preview)
Samsung's 2011 Series 7 3D LED TV has some exciting new features
- Smart TV features and applications, wireless charging for slim 3D glasses, thin bezel and chassis
- Who knows? We'll find out when we test it
Samsung's D7000 Series 7 LED TV is one of the top 3D TVs announced at CES 2011. The differences between this and the top Series 8 seem to be mainly cosmetic; we're looking forward to conducting some thorough testing when we get a review unit.
The latest Samsung Series 7 LED TV, announced at the CES 2011 show, has almost all the bells and whistles of the Samsung Series 8 LED TV: 3D processing, 200Hz and a very thin bezel combine to create an impressive television.
The Samsung Series 7 LED TV doesn't have the Series 8's inbuilt Wi-Fi or touchscreen remote control, which means it should be significantly cheaper. If picture quality is your main concern, this is a good thing. The Series 7 is just as thin and attractive as the Series 8, with a chrome bezel that's barely thicker than 5mm.
The design of the Samsung Series 7 differs from its more expensive sibling with a touch of red around the crystal bezel surround. The same four-legged stand that we saw on the original Samsung Series 7 LED TV from 2010 is back, and it still looks excellent.
We're yet to get a review unit in our Test Centre, but we're looking forward to some hands on time with the 2011 Samsung Series 7 TV.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 3 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
- 4 LG G3 review
- 5 Nokia Lumia 930 review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Twitter invests in MIT lab focused on online social movements
- Cisco and Netgear line up behind new Helix 64-bit ARM chips
- Google-backed Thread Group opens membership, wades into home IoT marsh
- Shellshock attacks target QNAP's network storage, FireEye says
- Trying Windows 10 Tech Preview? Keep these 7 things in mind
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.