Samsung NX30 camera (Preview)
Samsung has unveiled its new NX30 interchangeable lens camera at the Samsung Forum 2014 in Bali.
Samsung has unveiled its new NX30 interchangeable lens camera as it looks to increase its share of the camera market. It features an improved imaging processor, an innovative viewfinder and a strong collection of connectivity features.
The NX30 has a 20.3 megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor and a DRIMeIV Image Processor at its heart. It has a 1/8000sec shutter speed, a wide ISO 100 to 25600 range and can shoot 9 frames per second continuously. Videos can be recorded in Full HD resolution with stereo sound.
These are promising specifications for a camera in the NX30’s league, but most of the NX30’s appeal stems from its design and sharing technologies.
Unique to the NX30 is a tiltable electronic viewfinder. The 2,359k dot viewfinder can tilt upwards by 80 degrees to accommodate precarious shooting positions.
It also features a 3in, touch capable AMOLED screen that has 1,037 dots. Samsung claims the AMOLED screen can tilt 180 degrees across the horizontal plane, and by 270 degrees across the vertical plane.
Connectivity really is where the NX30 excels. It bundles Wi-Fi capabilities with tap-to-pair near field communications (NFC) for the quick and easy transfer of photos and videos. By using the technologies, the NX30 can: can automatically transfer images to your smartphone or tablet (AutoShare); share its photos with up to four devices simultaneously (MobileLink); and use your smartphone or tablet as a remote viewfinder.
Serious photographers will appreciate a 3.5mm microphone input and HDMI live streaming, in addition to the the NX30's ability to reprogram existing buttons.
Samsung has yet to reveal pricing and availability details for the NX30. Good Gear Guide will report news as local information on the new camera becomes available.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
- Canon goes big on resolution with 250-megapixel sensor
- Hey, Saturn, take a selfie! World's biggest digital camera will photograph the universe
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC