Samsung NX30 camera (Preview)
Samsung has unveiled its new NX30 interchangeable lens camera at the Samsung Forum 2014 in Bali.
Samsung has unveiled its new NX30 interchangeable lens camera as it looks to increase its share of the camera market. It features an improved imaging processor, an innovative viewfinder and a strong collection of connectivity features.
The NX30 has a 20.3 megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor and a DRIMeIV Image Processor at its heart. It has a 1/8000sec shutter speed, a wide ISO 100 to 25600 range and can shoot 9 frames per second continuously. Videos can be recorded in Full HD resolution with stereo sound.
These are promising specifications for a camera in the NX30’s league, but most of the NX30’s appeal stems from its design and sharing technologies.
Unique to the NX30 is a tiltable electronic viewfinder. The 2,359k dot viewfinder can tilt upwards by 80 degrees to accommodate precarious shooting positions.
It also features a 3in, touch capable AMOLED screen that has 1,037 dots. Samsung claims the AMOLED screen can tilt 180 degrees across the horizontal plane, and by 270 degrees across the vertical plane.
Connectivity really is where the NX30 excels. It bundles Wi-Fi capabilities with tap-to-pair near field communications (NFC) for the quick and easy transfer of photos and videos. By using the technologies, the NX30 can: can automatically transfer images to your smartphone or tablet (AutoShare); share its photos with up to four devices simultaneously (MobileLink); and use your smartphone or tablet as a remote viewfinder.
Serious photographers will appreciate a 3.5mm microphone input and HDMI live streaming, in addition to the the NX30's ability to reprogram existing buttons.
Samsung has yet to reveal pricing and availability details for the NX30. Good Gear Guide will report news as local information on the new camera becomes available.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCFinance Analyst/ Project SpecialistVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Technical LeadQLD
- CCNetwork Specialist - IPAM TelcoVIC
- TPProject Support OfficerQLD
- CCProject Scheduler-Port MacquarieQLD
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager - ICT Services TransformationQLD
- CCProject Specialist l Large Media Capital Investment ProgramNSW
- TPSenior Analyst Programmer - ContractQLD
- TPImplementation Business Partner - Business ModernisationNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCDigital Communications ManagerNSW
- CCProject / Portfolio SchedulerNSW
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- FTClient Delivery ManagerSA
- CCProject Support SpecialistVIC
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Software EngineerVIC