Samsung Miniket VP-X110
- Strap-on weather proof extension, sports focused, compact, mp3 player, easy to use
- Poor image quality, disjointed shooting modes
For amateur sports photographers, the X110 is an excellent choice. Its compact size and ease of use makes it perfect for those wanting to capture footage of themselves enjoying the great outdoors!
Price$ 1,299.00 (AUD)
A "Sports Camcorder" is what Samsung have dubbed the weather resistant, rubber encased iteration in their Miniket series. The VP-X110's design is essentially that of the other cameras in the series, but with an emphasis on outdoor usage.
Physically, the X110 is the same as the VP-M110, with the exception of its black and blue rubber exterior. The controls are identical, as is the two inch screen. Image quality, again, we found to be almost exactly the same as with the M110. For more details on the interface, design, and image quality, please consult our review of the Miniket VP-M110.
The big difference between these two models is their intended uses. The M110 is sold as more of an all-round camera, while the X110 is marketed with a strong emphasis on sporting and outdoor use. This puts it in the best possible situation - outdoors, with plenty of bright light. Fast paced action probably won't be done justice by the X110, but it still presents itself as a functional and viable option for amateur sports recording.
What really exemplifies the sporting style of the X110, however, is the external camera module. A cylindrical device, it's essentially an extension of the camera, which can be plugged into the handheld portion. This is the weather resistant portion of the camera, and comes with its own rubber casing, enough to protect it from some of the less fierce elements. The cylindrical camera fits inside the rubber casing, which is attached to a strap, allow it to be fastened to the head, arm, or any other similar body part of piece of equipment (a bicycle frame, for example).
The quality of the extension is lower than the handheld camera, due to even fewer pixels, but footage recorded is generally still decipherable. Don't expect anything near the clarity of professional sports photography, but if you want to film your mates surfing, or yourself going down a steep slope on your mountain bike, it's a pretty cool camera.
The X110 is what the rest of the Miniket range should have been - a fun focused, easy to use camera geared up for outdoor shooting. Its intended purpose fits well with both the pros and cons of the Miniket range, and we could easily see it being the most successful iteration of the series.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Facebook adds Apple TV and Chromecast support as video push ramps up
- Remocam review: This security camera can control your home appliances
- Logitech's C922 webcam is the revered C920's vastly upgraded successor
- Jump the line for the newest Chromecast features with Google's new preview program
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Business Analyst - AgileQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- FTLife/400 Resource - PermanentNSW
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- CCFinance Analyst/ Project SpecialistVIC
- FTPart Time - IT Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT role - Recent IT TAFE GraduateNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer / DevOps - ContractQLD
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- FTApplication Support Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTApplications DeveloperACT
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCTest ManagerWA
- FTInfrastructure Security Compliance OfficerNSW
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTFront End Web DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT