Samsung LA52A650 LCD television
Deep red full HD LCD TV
- Great contrast, excellent motion rendering, accurate colours, well-implemented 100Hz mode
- Some noise in the image, a little oversharpening on text, glossy finish
While the image can be a little noisy at times, the incredible blacks and great contrast ratio, along with the speedy refresh rate, make the Samsung LA52A650 one of the better full HD LCDs on the market.
Price$ 4,999.00 (AUD)
The days of boxy, black, uninspiring TVs appear to be behind us. With manufacturers realising that a flat panel TV is also a fashion statement, all the latest units come with their fair share of coloured bezels, glass frames and chrome mags with bonus spoilers. Samsung’s latest top-of-the-line panel, the LA52A650, joins the party with the typically stylish Samsung shape and a very funky deep red colour scheme.
We reviewed the Samsung LA40A650.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 4K Blu-ray player debuts locally in May
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Smart TVs at risk from cyber crooks, report finds
- Netflix inches towards global dominance
- All Samsung smart TVs will be 'IoT-ready' in 2016
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTIT Security Governance ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - HRIS ProjectQLD
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCLabour Stream LeadVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT