Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani smartphone
The Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani is a fashion phone that runs Windows Mobile Professional 6.5
- Looks fashionable, excellent audio and video playback, excellent QWERTY Keyboard, AMOLED Display
- Bulky, sluggish interface
If you are looking for that exclusivity factor that the Armani tag will bring, then the Samsung has no competition. However, if you are looking for a smartphone that impresses overall, then the Apple iPhone 3GS is a better option. Overall, though, with its good looks and powerful multimedia performance, the Giorgio Armani phone qualifies as a good handset.
The Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani is a high fashion phone with a 5MP camera, Windows Mobile Professional 6.5 operating system and a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, designed by the famous Italian designer.
The world of haute couture and high fashion steps into the mobile arena through the Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani. The Samsung Armani is a high-end mobile device aimed at people who want more than the regular styling from their phone. In fact, the Samsung is a fashion accessory, something that will draw eyeballs from across the room. But does it have enough to qualify as a good phone?
Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani: Features and Specifications
Like any other high-end device, the Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani offers plenty of features. It supports Wi-Fi, 3G and GPS. It runs on Windows Mobile Professional 6.5 and offers both a full 3.5-inch AMOLED resistive touchscreen and a four-row hardware QWERTY keyboard. It has a microUSB slot that can be used for charging, connecting to the PC and connecting the 3.5mm headphones adaptor that comes bundled with the device. The Samsung comes with an impressive 8GB of internal memory and if that's not enough, you can pop in a microSD card up to 16GB.
The Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani phone sports Samsung's proprietary TouchWIZ UI over the WinMo interface. Thanks to its WinMo OS, the Armani has a well-fleshed out set of productivity, messaging and contact management features. It also has a 5Mp camera with an LED flash.
Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani: Design and Usability
The phone has a muted gold body and gold edges. The phone's front proudly proclaims the designer's name in the trademark font while Samsung's name is embossed at the back.
However the Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani's bulky size almost qualifies for a fashion faux pas; also, the build quality was unsatisfactory since the phone's various parts wobbled too much. However, there were some nice additions to the build as well, for instance, after sliding out the keyboard, the phone lets you prop up the screen at an angle (similar to the N97mini).
The screen itself is quite large at 3.5 inches and looks especially good since not only is it an AMOLED display, but it is also able to display a high resolution of 800x480 and an equally impressive 16M colour output.
As mentioned before, the Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani uses WinMo 6.5 Professional as its primary OS combined with TouchWIZ. As a result, the touch based usability is quite good albeit sluggish. The TouchWIZ interface manages to cover up WinMo's faults nicely and we were accosted by WinMo's small icons and menus very rarely. Also, the Samsung's QWERTY keyboard is an excellent addition and was great to use.
Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani: Multimedia
The Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani's multimedia performance is quite good. Its 5Mp camera takes good looking photos both indoors and outdoors. Photos looked vibrant and bright and there was little noise to speak of. One problem we did notice was that the images we shot appeared to have a slight white haze. Also, the video recording was just average.
Multimedia playback, on the other hand is excellent. The Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani's audio playback might just be one of the best we have heard from a phone. The audio is loud and clear and if you want to add that extra bit of punch, you can choose from a vast set of EQs and sound enhancement features.
Video playback is also excellent and you can actually watch an entire movie on the 3.5-inch screen. Plus, the Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani supports a wide number of video formats including DivX/XviD and H.263 and H.264 so just copying and pasting movies to the phone's memory works just fine. We wish more phones would take a leaf out of Samsung's book.
Australian online store MobiCity sells the Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani for $799.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Fake heads and robot probes: testing smartphones prior to launch
- Rumor suggests the Note8 will be a bigger S8+ that adds a missing feature
- Xiaomi's Mi6 has the Galaxy S7’s looks, the S8’s power, and iPhone 7’s camera for half the price
- Samsung DeX turns your Galaxy S8 into a shockingly good desktop PC
- Find My iPhone helps nab a thief at Coachella with 100 phones in his backpack
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystWA
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)ACT
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - Qld Health - Short term contractQLD
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- FTSecurity Manager (Adviser)ACT
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- FTHTML DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCPMO Analyst - Telco - MelbourneVIC
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- FTSystem AnalystsACT
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- FTReporting DeveloperSA