Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani smartphone
The Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani is a fashion phone that runs Windows Mobile Professional 6.5
- Looks fashionable, excellent audio and video playback, excellent QWERTY Keyboard, AMOLED Display
- Bulky, sluggish interface
If you are looking for that exclusivity factor that the Armani tag will bring, then the Samsung has no competition. However, if you are looking for a smartphone that impresses overall, then the Apple iPhone 3GS is a better option. Overall, though, with its good looks and powerful multimedia performance, the Giorgio Armani phone qualifies as a good handset.
The Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani is a high fashion phone with a 5MP camera, Windows Mobile Professional 6.5 operating system and a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, designed by the famous Italian designer.
The world of haute couture and high fashion steps into the mobile arena through the Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani. The Samsung Armani is a high-end mobile device aimed at people who want more than the regular styling from their phone. In fact, the Samsung is a fashion accessory, something that will draw eyeballs from across the room. But does it have enough to qualify as a good phone?
Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani: Features and Specifications
Like any other high-end device, the Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani offers plenty of features. It supports Wi-Fi, 3G and GPS. It runs on Windows Mobile Professional 6.5 and offers both a full 3.5-inch AMOLED resistive touchscreen and a four-row hardware QWERTY keyboard. It has a microUSB slot that can be used for charging, connecting to the PC and connecting the 3.5mm headphones adaptor that comes bundled with the device. The Samsung comes with an impressive 8GB of internal memory and if that's not enough, you can pop in a microSD card up to 16GB.
The Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani phone sports Samsung's proprietary TouchWIZ UI over the WinMo interface. Thanks to its WinMo OS, the Armani has a well-fleshed out set of productivity, messaging and contact management features. It also has a 5Mp camera with an LED flash.
Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani: Design and Usability
The phone has a muted gold body and gold edges. The phone's front proudly proclaims the designer's name in the trademark font while Samsung's name is embossed at the back.
However the Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani's bulky size almost qualifies for a fashion faux pas; also, the build quality was unsatisfactory since the phone's various parts wobbled too much. However, there were some nice additions to the build as well, for instance, after sliding out the keyboard, the phone lets you prop up the screen at an angle (similar to the N97mini).
The screen itself is quite large at 3.5 inches and looks especially good since not only is it an AMOLED display, but it is also able to display a high resolution of 800x480 and an equally impressive 16M colour output.
As mentioned before, the Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani uses WinMo 6.5 Professional as its primary OS combined with TouchWIZ. As a result, the touch based usability is quite good albeit sluggish. The TouchWIZ interface manages to cover up WinMo's faults nicely and we were accosted by WinMo's small icons and menus very rarely. Also, the Samsung's QWERTY keyboard is an excellent addition and was great to use.
Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani: Multimedia
The Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani's multimedia performance is quite good. Its 5Mp camera takes good looking photos both indoors and outdoors. Photos looked vibrant and bright and there was little noise to speak of. One problem we did notice was that the images we shot appeared to have a slight white haze. Also, the video recording was just average.
Multimedia playback, on the other hand is excellent. The Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani's audio playback might just be one of the best we have heard from a phone. The audio is loud and clear and if you want to add that extra bit of punch, you can choose from a vast set of EQs and sound enhancement features.
Video playback is also excellent and you can actually watch an entire movie on the 3.5-inch screen. Plus, the Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani supports a wide number of video formats including DivX/XviD and H.263 and H.264 so just copying and pasting movies to the phone's memory works just fine. We wish more phones would take a leaf out of Samsung's book.
Australian online store MobiCity sells the Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani for $799.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Latest News Articles
- New Samsung loyalty program hints that the Note line may not be dead after all
- Google's Pixel XL is much easier to repair than the Nexus 6P
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
- New Windows 10 preview adds an iPhone Live Photos rival, Windows Ink improvements
- Google Phone app 5.1 adds in new gestures and interface tweaks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCMicrosoft AX Support AnalystsQLD
- CCSenior Middleware Specialist MQ/TibcoVIC
- FTSecurity Consultant / SMENSW
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- FTBI Analyst - Data and FraudNSW
- CC.Net Developer - AzureNSW
- CCNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- FTIntermediate Front End DeveloperQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTApplication Programmer - Software - HealthVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTMid-Senior Android DeveloperNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AX - Brisbane BasedQLD
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)QLD
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Services EngineerNSW