Sagem AGFAPHOTO AF5080M
- Excellent image quality, attractive design
- Sluggish performance, standard feature set
The AGFAPHOTO AF5080M can display images at high quality, but the rest of its features and performance leave a lot to be desired.
Price$ 269.00 (AUD)
In a market dominated by mediocrity, the Sagem AGFAPHOTO AF5080M is capable of delivering high quality images with only a few minor blemishes. Apart from the quality of the display, there really isn't anything remarkable about the features of this unit. However, since it's a photo frame, the screen quality is clearly the most important aspect of the product.
We tested the unit using various JPEG image files and found it to be rather good. It has an 8in screen with a resolution of 800x600 pixels which is able to reproduce colours well with only a slight over-saturation of the colour red. Thankfully, the over-saturation didn't impact the image too dramatically. Our test photos all looked clear and crisp for the most part, although there was a minor level of vertical pixelation. Higher resolution images tended to be a little sluggish on loading and as a result, the transition effects on the slideshows tended to jolt and stutter -- definitely not the subtle and graceful fade that is intended.
The features of the AF5080M are on-par with most digital frames we have reviewed. In addition to displaying images, it can also play back MP3 files and video files. There are also some basic photo editing functions but compared to even the simplest editing software, they are barely useful.
Apart from the quality of the screen, this frame also stands out when it comes to design. It has an air of sophistication and comes with three interchangeable faceplates, which you can easily change to suit your taste.
On the whole, the AGFAPHOTO AF5080M is above par when compared to most digital photo frames on the market but it also has its share of problems. If it wasn't for the high quality screen, this product would have scored much lower than it has and joined the white noise of mediocrity that many other digital photo frames fall victim to. If you are looking for a high quality image from your photo frame, this one is for you -- as long as you have the patience to deal with its flaws.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- IBM's hub for wearables could have you out of the hospital faster
- HoloLens Spectator View makes it easier to show off AR creations
- Lenovo's ThinkPad P71 will work with HTC, Oculus VR headsets
- Lenovo's Yoga A12 Android 2-in-1 has futuristic touch panel keyboard
- Amazon Echo's new 'Computer' wake word lets you fulfill your Star Trek fantasies
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer / DevOps - ContractQLD
- FTFront-End DevOps Developer/Consultant - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCSOA Oracle DeveloperNSW
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- CCPMO ManagerNSW
- TPAgile Project Manager. Sharepoint / PeoplesoftNSW
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- CCIT Infrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectWA
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- CCNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTScrum MasterQLD
- CCDevops EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperVIC
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorACT
- FTSales Account Manager | Cloud Solutions | Global Tech GiantNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXQLD
- TPVB6 DeveloperVIC