First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Sagem AGFAPHOTO AF5080M
- Excellent image quality, attractive design
- Sluggish performance, standard feature set
The AGFAPHOTO AF5080M can display images at high quality, but the rest of its features and performance leave a lot to be desired.
Price$ 269.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 3 stores)
In a market dominated by mediocrity, the Sagem AGFAPHOTO AF5080M is capable of delivering high quality images with only a few minor blemishes. Apart from the quality of the display, there really isn't anything remarkable about the features of this unit. However, since it's a photo frame, the screen quality is clearly the most important aspect of the product.
We tested the unit using various JPEG image files and found it to be rather good. It has an 8in screen with a resolution of 800x600 pixels which is able to reproduce colours well with only a slight over-saturation of the colour red. Thankfully, the over-saturation didn't impact the image too dramatically. Our test photos all looked clear and crisp for the most part, although there was a minor level of vertical pixelation. Higher resolution images tended to be a little sluggish on loading and as a result, the transition effects on the slideshows tended to jolt and stutter -- definitely not the subtle and graceful fade that is intended.
The features of the AF5080M are on-par with most digital frames we have reviewed. In addition to displaying images, it can also play back MP3 files and video files. There are also some basic photo editing functions but compared to even the simplest editing software, they are barely useful.
Apart from the quality of the screen, this frame also stands out when it comes to design. It has an air of sophistication and comes with three interchangeable faceplates, which you can easily change to suit your taste.
On the whole, the AGFAPHOTO AF5080M is above par when compared to most digital photo frames on the market but it also has its share of problems. If it wasn't for the high quality screen, this product would have scored much lower than it has and joined the white noise of mediocrity that many other digital photo frames fall victim to. If you are looking for a high quality image from your photo frame, this one is for you -- as long as you have the patience to deal with its flaws.
Latest News Articles
- US Social Security Administration spent nearly $300M on IT project 'boondoggle,' lawmakers say
- HP invests in Hortonworks' Hadoop
- Apple losing its grip as top tablet company
- Thousands of sites compromised through WordPress plug-in vulnerability
- EU hears Google, Microsoft, Yahoo on 'right to be forgotten'
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What does an NBN connection look like in a new home?
- 2 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 3 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 4 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 5 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
GGG Evaluation Team
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- $1001.95 free shipping
- $155.95 free shipping
- 44% off $550
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »