Roxio Easy DVD Copy 2.0 Premier
- Easy to operate, Video Support, Straightforward menu system
- Not a lot of options, Can’t copy copy-protected DVDs
The fact that you can’t get around copy-protected DVDs devalues this software package, although it still offers plenty for the price.
Price$ 66.99 (AUD)
If there's been a theme running through the major IT innovations of recent years, it's that you should be able to access your data from any location and at any time.
The sheer convenience of the iPod and the PlayStation Portable (PSP) makes them obvious targets for any software company trying to tap into the portability push. The next two months will see Roxio and Pinnacle unveil remarkably similar products.
Roxio's Easy DVD Copy 2.0 Premier is an update to the popular Easy DVD Copy 2.0 Deluxe. The Premier edition can copy DVD movies directly onto a PlayStation Portable (PSP) or iPod with video support. We found this feature worked quite well and, while there aren't an awful lot of options, the results were more than adequate.
But your money will buy you a lot more than this. The DVD copying is fairly swift and reasonably easy to operate, though you can't copy encrypted or copy-protected DVDs - if you're looking to back up your film collection, this product isn't going to satisfy your needs. But for home movies, it's a good option.
The straightforward menu system makes transferring multiple movie files to a DVD simple - and you can compress the contents of an 8.5GB double-layer disk on to a 4.7GB one.
The Label Creator program is well executed and should prove useful for anyone with a LightScribe drive. You get a good DVD player in the form of CinePlayer, while the Disc Image Loader is an intriguing app that lets you make virtual copies of a disc, allowing you to use the contents without needing to carry the original.
This software provides a lot of impressive features for a very modest price. However, note the fact that you can't get around copy encryption with this product. And anyone looking to enjoy the special iPod and PSP features would be well advised to wait and see exactly how the Pinnacle product compares.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Latest News Articles
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- PowerDVD 16 gains 360-degree video playback: Here's how it works
- Microsoft will miss its one billion Windows 10 device target
- Google is working to make every website viewable in VR
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Embedded Software EngineerWA
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC