Revo Blok iPod dock
This stylish iPod dock has good sound quality and a great design
- Great design and build quality, good sound quality, great remote control
- Not officially compatible with iPhone
The Revo Blok is a stylish iPod dock with a great design and good speakers. If you're looking for an attractive iPod speaker for your bedroom or living room, the Revo Blok is hard to pass up.
Price$ 399.00 (AUD)
The Revo Blok iPod dock has full-range stereo speakers that output a smooth and pleasant sound which isn't especially clear in treble but has detailed and rich mid-range and bass. The model we tested had a beautiful woodgrain finish and exacting build quality.
We think it's been a great year for product designs — we've seen award-winning devices like the Creative Aurvana Air, as well as well-designed local products like the OXX Digital Classic DAB+ digital radio. The Revo Blok is another great example of modern design: its woodgrain finish is smooth to the touch yet full of detail. Dark silver plastic accents break up the design, with the exposed 4.5in speaker drivers finished in charcoal grey. With the iPod dock, volume dial and power button mounted on the top of the unit the Revo Blok is easy to operate; just plug your iPod in, hit the power button and music starts playing. All features can be accessed through the brilliant rotary volume control.
There's really not much to talk about apart from the Revo Blok's sound quality — it's a very simple unit. It doesn't officially support the iPhone, but our test unit charged fine and we didn't have any problems playing audio. Every model of dock-connecting iPod is supported.
We tested the system by playing a few Apple Lossless audio files through an iPhone, as well as some FLAC and MP3 audio from a Dell Inspiron Mini 9 netbook through the Blok's auxiliary 3.5mm connector. What quickly became apparent is the Revo Blok's ability to emit room-filling sound with a pleasant timbre. The 4.5in drivers do not extend particularly high into treble frequencies and the result is a system that can sound 'capped', with higher frequencies occasionally distant and muted. This is tempered by the Blok's mid-range performance, however. There was a great amount of detail in the male vocals and acoustic guitar we listened to.
The rear-firing bass port works best when the iPod dock is placed within a foot of a wall, and if you've got it set up in the right location the end result is impressive. The bass that the Revo Blok produces doesn't extend very deep, but it is pronounced without becoming boomy or expansive. It adds a definite extra element compared to similar sized iPod docks such as the Kogan Digital Radio, which sometimes sound tinny.
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Settings in iOS 10: Every notable change you need to know
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)VIC
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPDesktop Support OfficerQLD
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- CCBPM DeveloperVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCCloud Solution DesignerVIC
- TPProject Technical LeadQLD
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- FTTechnical SpecialistNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperWA
- TPSQL DeveloperQLD
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)WA
- TPDeployment Specialist (DevOps)QLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)VIC
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- CCData Engineer (SQL/Big Data/Scala)VIC
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP Developer - Focus on Front EndQLD