Research In Motion BlackBerry 8700G
- Strong e-mail and browser features, helpful memo lists and the
- speakerphone function
- None to speak of
This is a solid business communications tool with a lot of key features.
Price$ 999.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
- Cabrio Case - BlackBerry 8700/8703e - Black/Orange 58.99
It's hard to imagine life before the BlackBerry. Well, maybe that's exaggerating. But it's certainly true we depend on pocket-sized devices that fulfil the vast bulk of our communication and contacts needs.
BlackBerry developer RIM (Research In Motion) has licensed its "push e-mail" client on a range of devices, giving models such as PalmOne's Treo 650 a run for their money.
The 8700g, RIM's latest BlackBerry, is marginally less broad than its predecessor, but features the same slick click-wheel beloved of gadget fans. This time you get to enjoy a 64K colour screen with a 320x240 resolution, a faster processor, supplied by Intel and support for EDGE (Enhanced Data-rate for GSM Evolution).
We were impressed by the Insight Icon option, which was cleaner and more compact than the default.
Wireless can be turned off to preserve the battery life, but you'll need the radio function to be active if you want to communicate via GPRS, the technology that enables you to send and receive e-mails while on the move. The BlackBerry's batteries have some serious staying power: it was ready for action even after it'd been on standby for over a week.
For those who don't require the Enterprise e-mail setup, there's an option to redirect email to the device. Be aware, though, that messages deleted from this setup are not retrievable. Internet access, full phone functions, searchable contacts, memos, task lists and Bluetooth are all included.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Blackberry announces DETK50, a secure US$299 Android phone
- Samsung files artificial muscle patent for use in flexible smartphones
- The affordable new Moto E grows in size, but not price
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 821 is now the company's fastest mobile chip
- Snapchat launches Memories so you can save and search for past stories
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- FTSoftware Tester | Innovation | Business FacingNSW
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCSenior Back-end .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW