Red Mile Entertainment Jackass: The Game
- Hearing your favourite Jackasses is entertaining; some games are somewhat fun
- Bad controls, too much load time for a mini-game title, awful character models
Jackass: The Game isn't completely devoid of fun, though. The voice-over work by the Jackass crew is nice, and as awful as most of the games are, you still can't help laughing every once in a while. But ultimately, the game is just a flat and uninteresting take on the otherwise awesome Jackass franchise.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
Why someone in their right mind deemed it necessary to give Jackass its own game is a mystery to us. Don't get us wrong, the show and movies are funny as hell, but it would seem a doomed effort to try and translate the brilliant physical comedy into an interactive game.
Sadly, we were proven right: Jackass: The Game is a title that does almost everything wrong.
Feeling like an ass
In Story Mode, you sit down in the director's chair and order the Jackass crew around as they perform their zany stunts. You have to meet goals--get X amount of injury damage, knock over X amount of trash cans--in order to complete the stunt and move onto the next one. Unfortunately, the stunts which are normally hilarious and cringe worthy on the show come off as dull and uninteresting in the game.
This is exacerbated by the poor controls which will leave you screaming with frustration. Another problem with Jackass: The Game is the load times. Mini-game titles are supposed to load up quick and provide fun little diversions but Jackass makes you wait for what seems an eternity before each level is loaded, leaving plenty of time for the dread to settle in. And while the graphics aren't half bad, the character models are revolting.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Angry Birds 2 is the 'sequel' you've been waiting for
- Rising Thunder is a PC-exclusive robot brawler built by Street Fighter talent
- Nintendo's President Iwata's death comes as firm tries to move to mobile
- Need for Speed puts The Fast and the Furious back into street racing
- Batman: Arkham Knight: How bad are the issues? Pretty bad.
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC