Hungry! Shoplist 1.2.10 for Android
Hungry is a grocery-shopping app for Android phones
- Free, easy to use
- Needs a bit more work
Overall, Hungry is a nicely designed, easy-to-use app with a great deal of potential on the horizon.
Best Deals (Selling at 4 stores)
I'll cop to it: I'm not good at grocery shopping. So I was definitely interested in trying out Hungry, an app designed to ease the pain of shopping trips by making colour-coordinated lists that are easy to share.
The first thing to know about this app is that its default setting requires the user to turn the phone to landscape mode in order to get a tab to add grocery items (though you can, of course, change that in the settings). The portrait setting displays an alphabetical-order tab populated with example items (my favourite being 'Mini Meatbags'), as well as a tab to organise items by colour (with each colour being assigned to a food group, such as red for 'Biscuits and Bread' or light blue for 'Carbonated Drinks'). A long tap here allows you to edit the categories that each colour represents.
You also get a shopping cart tab, which shows what items you have on your shopping list. The number of items in the list displays in the upper-right corner. Options in the settings allow you to prevent the app from sleeping when you're using the cart tab (nice one, guys), a top-list tab that shows your most purchased items, and a history tab that lists items from the last time you purchased them. Once you're in the shopping-cart tab, you can remove items from your list by tapping them as you buy them.
Hungry makes sharing your lists easy: You can import or export them via a MicroSD card, e-mail them, or send them in a text message. The app also has an undo tab, which is useful.
Hungry's developers have said that they're working on expanding the features of the app, including item numbering, item pricing, and unit support (cups, grams, kilos, etc); they're also planning features such as multiple lists and setting multiple categories. Users have noted that they would also benefit from the addition of dates, as well as links to a recipe database of some sort. Overall, Hungry is a nicely designed, easy-to-use app with a great deal of potential on the horizon.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Latest News Articles
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- PowerDVD 16 gains 360-degree video playback: Here's how it works
- Microsoft will miss its one billion Windows 10 device target
- Google is working to make every website viewable in VR
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCTesting Resource ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCInfra & Application Specialist/ Devops SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT