Pure One Mi DAB+ digital radio
A cheap Pure digital radio
- Affordable, easy to operate, good build quality
- Battery pack not included
The Pure One is a good choice if you want a basic DAB+ digital radio and don't want to spend too much. It's one of the cheapest digital radios on the market.
Price$ 79.00 (AUD)
Pure's One Mi is a compact DAB+ digital radio with a budget price tag and acceptable sound quality.
It doesn't have the sleek design of the Pure One Classic, but the Pure One Mi would look great on your bookshelf or next to your bedside table. The radio, which is made out of sturdy feeling plastic, is available in black or white.
It has a 2.5in speaker that covers a little over half of the unit. There is a small LCD on the top-right of the radio and rubber menu and navigation buttons underneath it. A telescopic antenna extends from the top of the device and when the Pure One Mi digital radio is upright, it looks like a classic radio. There is a mini-USB port on the right edge of the One Mi for the AC adapter and for connecting to a PC to update the firmware.
The radio is extremely easy to operate. Once the radio has scanned for digital stations you can flick through them using the forward/back arrows. To listen to FM stations, just press the Source button. You can toggle settings using the Menu button. Overall, the interface is straightforward. The radio lets you save up to 16 presets: eight FM and 8 digital stations.
Reception is good and we didn't experience any drop-outs while listening to digital radio channels. Some of the FM stations we tested had some minor distortion, but not enough to be troublesome and the telescopic antenna improved reception.
Sound quality is acceptable given that the single speaker is not very powerful (it's rated at 1 Watt). During our tests, the speaker did not distort and we were able to listen to FM and digital stations with great clarity.
Although there is an option to operate the One Mi on batteries, you will have to purchase a separate battery pack called the ChargePAK A1. According to Pure, this will give you 18 hours of continuous playback.
The Pure One Mi DAB+ digital radio is a solid offering that will appeal to those who want a digital radio but don't want to spend too much money.
For more information about digital radios, check out our buying guide.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 2 Nokia Lumia 930 review
- 3 Asus G550JK gaming notebook
- 4 Fetch TV set-top box
- 5 Dell Inspiron 15 5547 laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- IBM turns to local rival for help as China gets tougher for foreign firms
- Security spending gets boost from mobile, social and cloud, says Gartner
- Sony's perfume bottle camera is aimed at selfie addicts
- Belkin AC1750 DB wireless router
- Mobile apps could be abused to make expensive phone calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC