First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Pure One Mi DAB+ digital radio
A cheap Pure digital radio
- Affordable, easy to operate, good build quality
- Battery pack not included
The Pure One is a good choice if you want a basic DAB+ digital radio and don't want to spend too much. It's one of the cheapest digital radios on the market.
Price$ 79.00 (AUD)
Pure's One Mi is a compact DAB+ digital radio with a budget price tag and acceptable sound quality.
It doesn't have the sleek design of the Pure One Classic, but the Pure One Mi would look great on your bookshelf or next to your bedside table. The radio, which is made out of sturdy feeling plastic, is available in black or white.
It has a 2.5in speaker that covers a little over half of the unit. There is a small LCD on the top-right of the radio and rubber menu and navigation buttons underneath it. A telescopic antenna extends from the top of the device and when the Pure One Mi digital radio is upright, it looks like a classic radio. There is a mini-USB port on the right edge of the One Mi for the AC adapter and for connecting to a PC to update the firmware.
The radio is extremely easy to operate. Once the radio has scanned for digital stations you can flick through them using the forward/back arrows. To listen to FM stations, just press the Source button. You can toggle settings using the Menu button. Overall, the interface is straightforward. The radio lets you save up to 16 presets: eight FM and 8 digital stations.
Reception is good and we didn't experience any drop-outs while listening to digital radio channels. Some of the FM stations we tested had some minor distortion, but not enough to be troublesome and the telescopic antenna improved reception.
Sound quality is acceptable given that the single speaker is not very powerful (it's rated at 1 Watt). During our tests, the speaker did not distort and we were able to listen to FM and digital stations with great clarity.
Although there is an option to operate the One Mi on batteries, you will have to purchase a separate battery pack called the ChargePAK A1. According to Pure, this will give you 18 hours of continuous playback.
The Pure One Mi DAB+ digital radio is a solid offering that will appeal to those who want a digital radio but don't want to spend too much money.
For more information about digital radios, check out our buying guide.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Latest News Articles
- It's the little things that matter in Amazon Redshift upgrade
- Google AdWords cleared in geotagging patent lawsuit
- China's Xiaomi targets ten markets in international expansion
- Toshiba, SanDisk NAND flash memory shrinks to 15-nanometer process
- Bing for schools out of pilot stage, promises ad-free search
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 2 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 3 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 4 LCD vs plasma vs LED TVs buying guide
- 5 Aldi's new budget Android smartphone isn't very good value
GGG Evaluation Team
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Home Entertainment View all »
- $416 free shipping
- 10% off $1070 free shipping
- TVs View all »
- Projectors View all »
- Monitors View all »
- Digital Video View all »