Pure One Mi DAB+ digital radio
A cheap Pure digital radio
- Affordable, easy to operate, good build quality
- Battery pack not included
The Pure One is a good choice if you want a basic DAB+ digital radio and don't want to spend too much. It's one of the cheapest digital radios on the market.
Price$ 79.00 (AUD)
Pure's One Mi is a compact DAB+ digital radio with a budget price tag and acceptable sound quality.
It doesn't have the sleek design of the Pure One Classic, but the Pure One Mi would look great on your bookshelf or next to your bedside table. The radio, which is made out of sturdy feeling plastic, is available in black or white.
It has a 2.5in speaker that covers a little over half of the unit. There is a small LCD on the top-right of the radio and rubber menu and navigation buttons underneath it. A telescopic antenna extends from the top of the device and when the Pure One Mi digital radio is upright, it looks like a classic radio. There is a mini-USB port on the right edge of the One Mi for the AC adapter and for connecting to a PC to update the firmware.
The radio is extremely easy to operate. Once the radio has scanned for digital stations you can flick through them using the forward/back arrows. To listen to FM stations, just press the Source button. You can toggle settings using the Menu button. Overall, the interface is straightforward. The radio lets you save up to 16 presets: eight FM and 8 digital stations.
Reception is good and we didn't experience any drop-outs while listening to digital radio channels. Some of the FM stations we tested had some minor distortion, but not enough to be troublesome and the telescopic antenna improved reception.
Sound quality is acceptable given that the single speaker is not very powerful (it's rated at 1 Watt). During our tests, the speaker did not distort and we were able to listen to FM and digital stations with great clarity.
Although there is an option to operate the One Mi on batteries, you will have to purchase a separate battery pack called the ChargePAK A1. According to Pure, this will give you 18 hours of continuous playback.
The Pure One Mi DAB+ digital radio is a solid offering that will appeal to those who want a digital radio but don't want to spend too much money.
For more information about digital radios, check out our buying guide.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
- AirTV's slick marriage of Sling TV and OTA channels isn't in the product yet
- Here's what's coming next from Sling TV
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCMarketing SpecialistNSW
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTSalesforce AdministratorQLD
- CCSharepoint Business AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Process Analyst (Newcaslte Based)NSW
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCProject / Portfolio SchedulerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- TPDatabase Integration SpecialistVIC
- FTMicrosoft ConsultantVIC
- FTPrincipal Architect - Infrastructure | Major BankVIC
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- CCSolution Architect - VMwareVIC
- FTSenior Network AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Network EngineerWA
- FTMid Level PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Permanent - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCData Engineer (SQL/Big Data/Scala)VIC