Proporta Echo iPhone screen protector
- When the iPhone is turned off it turns the screen into a mirror, easy to apply, can easily be peeled off without leaving any marks behind
- The screen appears a little duller than usual
We've never really seen the need for screen protectors as they get just as blurry and fingerprint splattered as an unprotected screen and so require just as much wiping. And because the iPhone's screen is made of glass (rather like Beckham's manager Ruud Gullit's knees) there is little chance of scratching it unless you clumsily run your diamond ring across it (careful, Posh!). However, the Echo's secondary function as a mirror does give it a handy twist if you require a mirror with you at all times. And even Becks can afford the $9.95 cost.
Price$ 9.95 (AUD)
David Beckham was one of the first iPod celebrities and it's a fair bet that the Los Angeles Apple Store rushed an iPhone to his swanky villa, so Proporta's new iPhone screen protector should catch his attention.
The Echo is a washable mirror-screen protector that turns the iPhone into a mirror when the display backlight is off. When turned on the screen is a little duller than usual (which will put off some) but protected from scratches, etc.
It's a neat idea that might appeal to those people who apply make up on the bus, the extremely vain, or nosy parkers who want to catch what's going on behind them. It would also be extremely useful for heliographers.
Observers of youth antics have noted seeing mobile users use their phone's camera to take a picture of their face so that they can then get their hair straight or apply more mascara. With Proporta's Echo there's no need to even turn your phone on for the same effect.
The screen protector is easy to apply, and Proporta has helpfully included a screen cleaning cloth and a plastic applicator. It peels off with no ill effects to the phone, and can also be easily wiped clean.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
- Smartphone uptake passes its peak as industry appetite wanes
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Samsung explains why it’s all in on VR
- Nexus rumors begin to take shape, HTC may be making two devcies
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCWindows Automation EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTBA/Technical Project Manager/Product ManagerQLD