Proporta Echo iPhone screen protector
- When the iPhone is turned off it turns the screen into a mirror, easy to apply, can easily be peeled off without leaving any marks behind
- The screen appears a little duller than usual
We've never really seen the need for screen protectors as they get just as blurry and fingerprint splattered as an unprotected screen and so require just as much wiping. And because the iPhone's screen is made of glass (rather like Beckham's manager Ruud Gullit's knees) there is little chance of scratching it unless you clumsily run your diamond ring across it (careful, Posh!). However, the Echo's secondary function as a mirror does give it a handy twist if you require a mirror with you at all times. And even Becks can afford the $9.95 cost.
Price$ 9.95 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
David Beckham was one of the first iPod celebrities and it's a fair bet that the Los Angeles Apple Store rushed an iPhone to his swanky villa, so Proporta's new iPhone screen protector should catch his attention.
The Echo is a washable mirror-screen protector that turns the iPhone into a mirror when the display backlight is off. When turned on the screen is a little duller than usual (which will put off some) but protected from scratches, etc.
It's a neat idea that might appeal to those people who apply make up on the bus, the extremely vain, or nosy parkers who want to catch what's going on behind them. It would also be extremely useful for heliographers.
Observers of youth antics have noted seeing mobile users use their phone's camera to take a picture of their face so that they can then get their hair straight or apply more mascara. With Proporta's Echo there's no need to even turn your phone on for the same effect.
The screen protector is easy to apply, and Proporta has helpfully included a screen cleaning cloth and a plastic applicator. It peels off with no ill effects to the phone, and can also be easily wiped clean.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 3 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 4 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 5 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
Latest News Articles
- Galaxy Note7 battery woes continue as company investigates phones that are running too hot
- BlackBerry stops making hardware, but BlackBerry phones live on
- Google Pixel image leaked, revealing new home screen and rounded icons
- iOS 10 slower off the uptake mark
- Hands-on: Google Assistant's Allo chatbot outdoes Cortana, Siri as your digital pal
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA