ProjectionDesign Action! Model One MkII
- Good colour depth
- Slight rainbow effect
Expensive, yet worth the money.
Price$ 10,999.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 3 stores)
The price tag of $10,000+ isn't chicken feed, but when you consider that this is the follow-up to a five-star unit that used to retail for a breathtaking $19,999, the value of this mk II will surely have the competition scrambling for red pens to slash prices.
The resolution of the Action! model one mk II is 1280 x 720, thanks to the high-definition, Texas Instruments Mustang HD2+DMD (Digital Micromirror Device) chip.
The projector features a simple-to-use menu system, and component, S-Video and composite inputs accompany the DVI socket (claimed to be HDMI-compatible, presumably with an appropriate adapter). Focusing and zooming are rock steady and smooth, and are a joy to use.
With the mk II, skin tones looked completely natural; rich enough to make an impression while remaining free of any banding whatsoever. Black levels were very good, even in low light, and I was never distracted by the presence of any unwanted light being thrown onto the screen.
At this price, and for image quality this good, the Action! model one mkII deserves to sell very well; I know I was sad to see it leave my lounge room.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
- Vivid Sydney 2012 gets some love from will.i.am
- InFocus releases cheap short-throw projector
- ViewSonic releases Pro8200 Full HD projector
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW