First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
PowerColor X800 XT Platinum Edition VIVO
The specifications of this card are very impressive. It can push up to 35.2GB of data every second between its 256MB of GDDR3 memory subsystem and its ATI Radeon X800 XT GPU. It can render an astounding 8320 million pixels per second thanks to its 16 pixel pipelines and 520MHz GPU clock.
- Came in second to the Nvidia 6800GT cards in most tests
A reasonable alternative for enthusiast gamers, but it is outdone by some offerings from Nvidia.
Price$ 1,000.00 (AUD)
But even these vital stats weren't enough to beat the frame rates of Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT-based AGP cards in Doom 3 and Unreal Tournament 2003. Nevertheless, its scores were very consistent in Doom 3, and even when we cranked up all the settings, its frame rate dropped very little.
Physically, the card requires supplemental power from one of your hard drive (molex) power connectors. A slim cooling system sits on the GPU and consists of a heat sink and a quiet fan assembly. A good game bundle comes with the card, and some video editing software is provided.
Latest News Articles
- HTC One Max Android phone
- ACCC wants new principles for app producers
- Verizon acquires EdgeCast to boost video capabilities
- Documents leaked again amid secret trade negotiations
- Chinese vendors stop taking bitcoins as a result of new regulations
Most Popular Articles
- 1 How to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Google Edition
- 2 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 3 Aldi's new budget 8in Android tablet has 3G, makes phone calls
- 4 Capacitive vs resistive touchscreens
- 5 Samsung targets Galaxy of kids with latest tablet
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- PC ComponentsView all »
- Desktop PCsView all »
- NotebooksView all »
- Servers & StorageView all »
- Software and ServicesView all »