- Great software bundle
- Not as fast as other 256MB cards
A reasonably competitive card with a great software bundle.
Price$ 421.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 1 store)
PowerColor cards follow the reference design set by ATI very closely, and are differentiated by their bundles of extras. This particular model comes with the popular game Hitman:Contracts, Medi@show 2.0SE and a CyberLink DVD Solution DVD, which includes DVD authoring, video editing and DVD player software. In addition, this card comes bundled with component cables that allow you to take advantage of the ATI Radeon X700 PRO's high definition TV output, as well as composite and S-Video cables for regular TV-out functionality.
Its GPU and memory clocks are 425MHz and 860MHz respectively, and the supplied Power Speeder utility will allow you to adjust these clocks up or down. The GPU is cooled by a stock heat sink and fan combination, but the 256MB of GDDR3 memory is not cooled at all.
Its performance was slightly better than that of the 128MB ABIT X700 Pro card (which also uses the ATI Radeon X700 PRO processor), but was below the other 256MB cards in its class.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 2 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 3 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Yosemite OS shares Spotlight search terms by default
- First products from Apple-IBM deal to come next month
- Smartsheet, the project management tool cloaked as a spreadseet, adds visualization
- Telstra misled customers on smartphone warranties: ACCC
- OnePlus One pre-orders go live this week
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW