Plantronics GameCom 377 gaming headset
The Plantronics GameCom 377 is a comfortable gaming headset
- Well-built, extendable and flexible microphone, microphone tucks into headband
- Other people will be able to hear what you're listening to at medium and high volumes
The Plantronics GameCom 377 gaming headset is well-built and has a cleverly designed microphone that tucks into the headband. It may be a bad choice if you want to keep what you're listening to private.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
The Plantronics GameCom 377 is a well constructed gaming headset with an over-the-ear design. It is comfortable to wear and includes a noise-cancelling microphone that tucks into the headband, but unfortunately the headphones leak sound.
The Plantronics GameCom 377 headset has the same headband design as the cheaper GameCom 367 and the more expensive Plantronics GameCom 777. It feels well-built and should be comfortable to wear, even for hours at a time.
Like the other GameCom headsets, the Plantronics GameCom 377 has an extendable and flexible noise-cancelling microphone that fits into the headband. Other headsets like the Plantronics .Audio DSP 400 have microphones that stick out on the side, giving them an ungainly appearance when worn.
The microphone works well, but we found that the noise-cancelling failed to completely remove environmental sound. Noise from other people talking was still noticeable, although less so than headsets without noise-cancelling microphones.
The sound quality from the headphones is about average for a headset at this price. We noticed some distortion at high volumes, but the Plantronics GameCom 377 managed to reproduce treble, mid-range and bass accurately.
It has open ear-cups, which means you can hear more sound from your surroundings than with a pair of closed headphones. Unfortunately the Plantronics GameCom 377 headset is not a good choice for quiet environments because anyone in close vicinity will be able to hear what you are listening to.
If you're a gamer looking for a headset that delivers good quality sound and is comfortable to wear, then the Plantronics GameCom 377 headset is definitely worth a look. As long as you don't mind everyone around you getting an earful of the action too.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Close shaves between aircraft and drones on the upswing
- Obama signs legislation allowing regulatory e-labels for smartphones, wearables
- WD TV (2014 Personal Edition) review: Big screen fun
- Pressure mounts in Europe for strict net neutrality
- Windows tablets available for under $100
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC