Plantronics GameCom 377 gaming headset
The Plantronics GameCom 377 is a comfortable gaming headset
- Well-built, extendable and flexible microphone, microphone tucks into headband
- Other people will be able to hear what you're listening to at medium and high volumes
The Plantronics GameCom 377 gaming headset is well-built and has a cleverly designed microphone that tucks into the headband. It may be a bad choice if you want to keep what you're listening to private.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
The Plantronics GameCom 377 is a well constructed gaming headset with an over-the-ear design. It is comfortable to wear and includes a noise-cancelling microphone that tucks into the headband, but unfortunately the headphones leak sound.
The Plantronics GameCom 377 headset has the same headband design as the cheaper GameCom 367 and the more expensive Plantronics GameCom 777. It feels well-built and should be comfortable to wear, even for hours at a time.
Like the other GameCom headsets, the Plantronics GameCom 377 has an extendable and flexible noise-cancelling microphone that fits into the headband. Other headsets like the Plantronics .Audio DSP 400 have microphones that stick out on the side, giving them an ungainly appearance when worn.
The microphone works well, but we found that the noise-cancelling failed to completely remove environmental sound. Noise from other people talking was still noticeable, although less so than headsets without noise-cancelling microphones.
The sound quality from the headphones is about average for a headset at this price. We noticed some distortion at high volumes, but the Plantronics GameCom 377 managed to reproduce treble, mid-range and bass accurately.
It has open ear-cups, which means you can hear more sound from your surroundings than with a pair of closed headphones. Unfortunately the Plantronics GameCom 377 headset is not a good choice for quiet environments because anyone in close vicinity will be able to hear what you are listening to.
If you're a gamer looking for a headset that delivers good quality sound and is comfortable to wear, then the Plantronics GameCom 377 headset is definitely worth a look. As long as you don't mind everyone around you getting an earful of the action too.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 2 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 3 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 4 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 5 Apple Watch review: saving time
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Need for Speed puts The Fast and the Furious back into street racing
- Batman: Arkham Knight: How bad are the issues? Pretty bad.
- Sony doubles PlayStation 4 storage ahead of big game releases
- Microsoft adds Xbox 360 backwards compatibility to Xbox One
- The Xbox-Oculus partnership won't harm HoloLens
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.