Plantronics GameCom 367 PC gaming headset
This budget Plantronics gaming headset has a good microphone and decent sound quality
- Flashy red and grey colour scheme, good stereo positioning, good passive noise cancelling
- Tight initial clamping force
If you aren’t concerned with how you look while wearing this chunky Plantronics GameCom 367 headset, you will be pleasantly surprised at the decent sound quality and good ambient noise reduction.
Price$ 79.00 (AUD)
The Plantronics GameCom 367 is a stereo gaming headset that offers decent sound quality and good noise cancellation for a reasonable price. It may not look beautiful and the headphones' clamping force is quite hard when you initially put the headset on. However the Plantronics GameCom 367 is still a good choice if you're looking for a cheap pair of gaming headphones.
With a design similar to the Plantronics GameCom 377 and Plantronics GameCom 777 headsets, the Plantronics GameCom 367 may not appeal to all tastes. Large, squarish and chunky ear-cups accompany a thick plastic headband, and the headphones look slightly too large for your head when you're wearing them. Of course, unless you’re gaming with other people around, no-one’s going to care.
The design is nonetheless more interesting than the GameCom 777's, with red accents on the headphone cable, ear-cups and padding. An in-line volume control and a microphone mute switch round out the package; they sit around a metre down the 3m headphone cable which terminates in two analog jacks for the headphones and microphone.
An extendable, flexible boom microphone swings down from its hiding place inside the headband and is easy to adjust. We like the hidden microphone: it saves the Plantronics GameCom family from the bug-antenna look of other PC gaming headsets. The microphone works well, with noise cancelling ensuring that minimal background audio is transmitted.
Sound quality is decent, with bass and treble reproduced well for a headset at this price point. We did notice that the Plantronics GameCom 367 was not able to produce higher treble frequencies, with some movie and music audio seeming artificially restrained and cut off. This is common for low-end headphones, though; the Plantronics GameCom 367 is far from unique with this ailment. Stereo positional audio is well handled, with the headset able to reproduce footsteps, ambient noise and other 3D audio well in our gaming tests.
The passive noise cancelling works well, with outside noise muffled by the thick ear-cups and comfortable padding. The downside of this is high initial clamping force: you may be somewhat uncomfortable unless the headphones are perfectly adjusted. Most troublesome for those with oversized heads, this problem goes away after wearing the headset for a few gaming sessions.
The Plantronics GameCom 367 is a good buy given its reasonable price tag. You do miss out on the USB sound card of the Plantronics GameCom 777 and the headphones are initially uncomfortable. But this headset is still a reasonably comfortable option for PC gaming.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 2 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 3 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Yosemite OS shares Spotlight search terms by default
- First products from Apple-IBM deal to come next month
- Smartsheet, the project management tool cloaked as a spreadseet, adds visualization
- Telstra misled customers on smartphone warranties: ACCC
- OnePlus One pre-orders go live this week
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW