Plantronics Explorer 320
- Incredibly simple to use and setup, Call switching feature
- Not as comfortable after long usage.
If you want a hassle-free and simple to use accessory, the Explorer 320 was made for you
Price$ 89.00 (AUD)
On the front of the Plantronics Explorer 320 box are three words in bold black writing -'Easy to Use". Here's the good news - the Explorer 320 is by far the simplest Bluetooth headset we've ever tested. The bad news is that it isn't that comfortable to wear, largely due to the rubberised earbud.
The 320 is designed in an over-the-ear style and can be worn on either ear. The unit is definitely lightweight and compact, but we much prefer the ear-gels on the Plantronics 640.
The Explorer 320 has really only one control on the front. When pressed, it acts as a button to access certain features and when toggled from side to side, it adjusts the volume. Additionally, Plantronics have programmed the unit to emit sound tones with each different control press, so you'll know exactly what function you're accessing when wearing it. If you have the headset off, a small blue light on the side of the unit also acts an operational indicator.
There are only few options available on this device - answering/ending a call, rejecting a call, dialing the last number or activating voice dialing. These are all performed by holding down the small button for a certain duration. We had no problems at all in pairing the device or using it, and a quick once-over of the manual was all we needed to be comfortable with all the functions.
The feature we liked best on the Explorer 320 is a small one, but worth noting. If you perform a long key press, the headset automatically switches the call back to your mobile. A short key press will divert the call back to the headset.
We would recommend this device for anyone who hasn't used a Bluetooth headset before, or doesn't need a broad array of features. The package simply contains the Explorer 320 and an AC adapter - there are no wires, cables, CDs or accessories to speak of. The unit has an adequate 8 hours of talk time.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 3 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 4 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 5 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
Latest News Articles
- Sleek new Galaxy S8 phones feature facial recognition, Bixby intelligent agent
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S8 features Apple should steal for iPhone 8
- HTC is reportedly releasing a new U phone that makes better use of its bezels
- Apple wins China patent battle over iPhone 6 design
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD
- FTDatabase DeveloperVIC
- CCAgile CoachNSW
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- TPTest AnalystNSW
- FTETL Informatica DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Full Stack Web Developer - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTTesting and Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Applications SupportQLD
- TPJunior Software DeveloperQLD
- FTICT Account Manager / ICT Client Services ManagerQLD
- CCDevOps Developer - TelcoVIC
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTReporting Analyst - HR / PayrollNSW
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperQLD
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Communications Officer | SharePointQLD