First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Pioneer Computers Australia Power Notebook 470K
Pioneer Power Notebook 470K
- Digital TV tuner
- It's heavy
A nice laptop but a little on the heavy side.
Price$ 3,499.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 22 stores)
The Pioneer Power Notebook 470K is bundled with a USB-based standard definition digital TV tuner and remote. Cyberlink PowerCinema 3 is supplied, complete with its own remote control to watch and record TV, create photo slide shows and listen to music. Such features, combined with the 470K's ability to use your TV as a display (using its S-Video TV-out), make for an almost Media Center PC-like experience.
This hefty, 4.1kg notebook features a 17" display, capable of a resolution or 2048 x 1536. It has a 128MB DDR ATI Mobility Radeon graphics controller. The 470K also includes a 640 x 480 CCD Web camera integrated into the bezel. The notebook's multi-card reader helps get photos from your digital camera.
The 470K comes with Easy CD/DVD creator and Power DVD for watching movies, plus WordPerfect Office for productivity.
It has 5.1 channel S/PDIF audio output. At the time of writing, Pioneer was also including a set of Creative Inspire 5.1 5100 speakers in the bundle. Pioneer was also offering a free upgrade to an 8X DVD-/+ RW drive. The 470K includes standard connectivity options such as Ethernet and a 56Kbps modem. Wi-Fi is optional.
The AMD Athlon64-M 3400+ processor operates in conjunction with 512MB of DDR SDRAM and a 60GB hard disk. A one-year on-site (one year parts, three years labour) warranty is standard, with optional upgrades available.
Latest News Articles
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads
- SSD prices for hybrids, ultrathin laptops to flatten next year
- IBM aims to disrupt supercomputing market with cloud enticements
- Arrests made after international cyber-ring targets StubHub
- Low-cost Android tablets to get 4K video with Allwinner 64-bit chip
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What does an NBN connection look like in a new home?
- 2 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 3 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 4 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 5 How to connect your iPhone to your TV