First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Pioneer Computers Australia DreamBook Power 900
- Performance, features
- Weight, battery, warranty
Lack of warranty and the other cons make this one not worth the price point.
Price$ 4,999.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 4 stores)
The Power 900 is a well-built multimedia desktop replacement that would be ideal for video and gaming enthusiasts. At 5.7kg, it's a huge notebook with more features than we've ever seen.
The 17.1" widescreen display has a coating that reduces reflection and increases contrast. Just above, there's a built-in 640 x 480 CCD camera. The notebook has ample palm rests and full-sized keyboard with dedicated number pad.
The front has playback controls and an LED display for Windows-independent audio CD playback. Pioneer also bundles an external standard definition digital TV tuner with remote--great for that big screen.
Graphics are served up by Nvidia's 256MB GeForce Go 6800 controller that, together with the 3.6GHz Pentium 4 processor and 1GB of memory, achieved an amazing graphic score in 3DMark 2001 (17,173).
Pioneer has also graced the Power 900 with the power of two 100GB hard drives (configured in RAID), two internal dual-layer DVD burners, two FireWire ports and both headphone and S/PDIF audio-out. This model also includes an integrated seven-in-one card reader plus four USB 2.0 and single serial, parallel, and PS/2 ports.
It had poor battery life in our tests, lasting only 50 minutes under a heavy workload.
Latest News Articles
- Toshiba Satellite P50t-B 15.6in laptop
- Samsung suspends Chinese supplier over charges of using underage workers
- LastPass discloses now-fixed vulnerabilities ahead of security conference
- Yahoo acquires video streaming startup RayV
- New Relic's analysis service goes live
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 2 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 3 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
- 4 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 5 Aldi's new budget Android smartphone isn't very good value
GGG Evaluation Team
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- 5% off $1699 free shipping
- Tablets View all »
- Desktop PCs View all »
- Servers & Storage View all »
- Software and Services View all »