Pioneer Computers Australia DreamBook Power 870P
- Performance, TV Tuner, warranty
- Weight, battery
An great model but for the price you'd still expect a little more.
Price$ 4,599.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 1 store)
The 870P's features include (big breath here): a 3.4GHz P4 processor, two 60GB 7200rpm hard disks in RAID configuration, 256MB Mobility Radeon 9700 graphics controller, multi-card reader plus built-in 640 x 480 pixel CCD Web camera and analog TV tuner.
The TV tuner comes with mini-antenna and infrared remote control. It also ships with Cyberlink PowerCinema 3's separate remote control to watch and record TV, create photo slide shows and listen to music.
The 870P includes 2GB of dual-channel 400MHz DDR SDRAM. The 870P also has Gigabit Ethernet, but not wireless networking.
Its graphics performance was very strong--11,454 points scored in the 3DMark 2001 benchmark, and Unreal Tournament 2003 testing returned 143fps in the Face3 map and 81fps for the Inferno map.
It's good to see Pioneer back the 870P with a three-year on-site warranty, and, at the time of writing, throw in a set of Creative Inspire 5.1 5100 speakers and offer a free upgrade to an 8X DVD-/+ RW drive.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 2 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 3 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Your online TV watching is now being tracked across devices
- Samsung Knox devices approved for government use by NSA
- Apple's Yosemite OS shares Spotlight search terms by default
- First products from Apple-IBM deal to come next month
- Smartsheet, the project management tool cloaked as a spreadseet, adds visualization
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW