- User friendly, easily programmable, commercial skip
- No memory card slot
While not quite as heavy duty as some hard disk DVD recorders, the pioneer DVR-720H is more user friendly than most.
Price$ 1,099.00 (AUD)
The 160GB Pioneer DVR-720H has enough hard drive capacity to store 34 hours of TV at the best-quality recording setting, or up to 204 hours at the lowest.
Where the 720H really scores is in user friendliness. For example, hitting the play button on the remote automatically plays your last recording, be it from the hard drive or the DVD. And there's an easy-timer recorder button on the remote that lets you set a same-day timer recording in seconds using a slider (there's also a more conventional screen for setting multiple recordings up in advance, as well as G-Code support). It's the easiest solution I've come across outside of an electronic programming guide supplied directly by a broadcaster.
The DVR-720H's remote comes festooned with buttons. It looks intimidating to begin with, but having dedicated buttons for different functions helps keep things simple. Another nice touch is a dedicated fast-forward button for skipping ahead in 30-second increments, or back in 15 second blocks.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
- AirTV's slick marriage of Sling TV and OTA channels isn't in the product yet
- Here's what's coming next from Sling TV
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCWPF .NET EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)ACT
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- CCData ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Support TechnicianNSW
- CCNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)NSW
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- TPMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- CCUser Experience Designer - Part time - Short contractACT
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCFront-End DeveloperQLD
- TPProduct Owner - Cloud SolutionsQLD
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- TPDatabase Integration SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- CCAnalyst ProgrammerVIC