- It's free, can customise the included templates
- Can't edit audio, no video effects, works only with files on your hard drive
We'd still advise most people to buy a full-service video editor, but Pinnacle VideoSpin is a good option if all you want to do is dress up clips before uploading them to YouTube.
Pinnacle Studio is far from our favourite video editing application, but Pinnacle's VideoSpin, a new, free editor based on Studio, does a pretty darn good job.
Although it doesn't match the sophistication of paid-for applications, Pinnacle VideoSpin does let you perform basic edits and output movies for use online. Pinnacle VideoSpin has some strict limitations. The application works only with files on your hard drive. You can't edit audio, except for levels.
Since Pinnacle VideoSpin has no video effects, you can't brighten dark movies. Unless you purchase add-ons, you can export files only to AVI, Flash, Real or Mpeg1 format; you can't exchange files with Studio, either.
The interface size is fixed, so you can't view Pinnacle VideoSpin full-screen, and you must put up with advertisements rotating in the top-middle of the interface.
Pinnacle VideoSpin provides a surprising number of video transitions and, although it has merely a handful of title templates, you can customise them to your heart's content. It has several cheesy sound effects, and you can import audio files for use as a soundtrack.
When you're done, you can use Pinnacle VideoSpin to upload your movies directly to YouTube or to Yahoo Video easily. Alternatively you can output files in DivX, Mpeg2 or Mpeg4 format to your hard drive, albeit only for 15 days; after that you can purchase the set of codecs for a few bucks.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Latest News Articles
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- Microsoft Word gains powerful Editor, Researcher tools to help you write more good
- Microsoft will miss its one billion Windows 10 device target
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1060 is a budget GTX 980 killer
- Google is working to make every website viewable in VR
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW