Make gorgeous slideshows with ProShow Gold
- Intelligent interface
- Doesn't include the professional-oriented options of ProShow Producer
For those whose slideshows consist primarily of still images (with perhaps some video included), ProShow Gold offers a wide range of tools to create and share a fully personalised, attractive show.
Price$ 69.95 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 4 stores)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
Slideshows made from your own photographs or videos can be great tools for sharing information, marketing your company, creating family memories--or simply great fun. This is especially true now that it's so easy to share them in so many ways: on the Web, ever e-mail, on discs, or to show them in meetings using your computer and an attached large screen. The key is the right program for creating these slideshows. We found that Photodex's ProShow Gold delivers smooth, sophisticated multimedia slideshows, with an emphasis on still photos--though you can use video, too.
ProShow Gold uses a rather intelligent interface that isn't difficult to master, but it doesn't sacrifice functionality to accessibility. Simply drag and drop your photos into the timeline slots. Then, the fun begins. You can add transitions, music, motion and image effects, backgrounds and textures, moving text--a whole slew of options to move your slides across the screen and create an entertaining, creative and/or informative slide show.
ProShow Gold's output options cover a wide range. They include burning DVD or Blu-Ray discs that can hold multiple slideshows (with professional-looking menus and an autorun.exe, if you wish); upload to YouTube or your own Web site; share for free on vendor Photodex's Web site; or even run on a cell phone, MP3 player, and other devices.
For those whose slideshows consist primarily of still images (with perhaps some video included), ProShow Gold offers a wide range of tools to create and share a fully personalised, attractive show. For those users who want even more control, you might want to take a look at its big brother ProShow Producer, which includes more features and effects, including professional-oriented options, such as copyright, branding and color profile awareness.
Note: The trial/demo download version places a watermark on any output. However, you'll be able to save your slideshow and re-output it without a watermark, if you buy the license. Any new slideshows created in the full version will not have watermarks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia Lumia 830 review: Punching above its weight
- 2 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 3 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 4 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Wi-Fi Passpoint standard now knits together SF, San Jose, London
- Big Data Digest: Rise of the think-bots
- FCC pushes TV spectrum auction to 2016 after legal challenge
- Apple mum as Mac owners tussle with Yosemite over Wi-Fi problems
- Apple Pay tops Tim Cook's to-do list in China
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW