Classy looking IEMs that are great value for money.
- Stylish design, good sound quality
- Highs seem somewhat recessed
Another good quality pair of IEMs; the Philips SHE9620s present a relatively neutral sound at an affordable price.
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
Released at the same time as Philips' SHE9550, the Philips SHE9620 headphones offer a slightly different listening experience. While the SHE9550s were incredibly bass heavy, these IEMs (in-ear monitors) focus more on providing a clear, neutral listening experience; and they do a good job of it. If you want a slightly more accurate listening experience they are a good option, particularly if you're on a budget.
The bass is much less booming on these headphones. They still present a slightly warm tone, but the bass isn't as slow and doesn't extend as deeply. It was reasonably detailed and was balanced well with the other ranges.
The mid-range was detailed and crisp. We'd have preferred a little more separation between the individual parts of the sound but the laid back, smooth presentation will definitely suit some users.
We found the treble notes had a similar texture: smooth and liquid but never verging on bright or harsh. They were reasonably rich and sweet but were slightly recessed compared to the mid-range.
The soundstage was about what we expect from headphones in this price range: immersive enough but nothing spectacular. The overall presentation is suitable for a huge variety of music, making these a great pair of headphones for day-to-day use.
As they're IEMs, they slide into your ear canal rather than just resting in the outer ear. This has the effect of isolating you from external sound to some degree. They don't do as good of a job as some other units we've tested, but this is because they're fairly small. On the plus side, this makes them comfortable to wear, even for long listening sessions.
The other interesting thing about these headphones is the design. They look a little different from the standard black or gunmetal-coloured earbuds we normally look at. Their crystal colour scheme certainly stands out.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Latest News Articles
- Apple's AirPods could deliver audio with multiple wireless protocols
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Beats Solo2 headphones go wireless for $399
- Astro A38 review: A staggering price to pay for convenience
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst/Project MangerVIC
- FTApplication Support LeadQLD
- FTDeployment EngineerSA
- FTICT ManagerNSW
- FTLead DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCProcurement OfficerQLD
- CCLevel 1 IT Support OfficerACT
- TPEngineer Desktop DevelopmentVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTDirector, Centre for Cyber Security SolutionsVIC
- CCUX DesignerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTTest LeadNSW
- FTChief Architect - Principal ArchitectVIC
- CCICT ManagerNSW
- FTICT Business Development Manager - Technical Products/SolutionsQLD
- CCTSM SpecialistNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW