Philips Brilliance 190P6EB
- Ergonomic adjustment, dual inputs, image quality
- USB ports a little too close together
Philips' 19in TFT panel offers great image quality, a wide range of adjustments, automatic brightness adjustment, and a long warranty.
Price$ 949.00 (AUD)
Philips' 190P6EB is an impressive 19" TFT panel replete with dual inputs, adjustable stand, and top-notch image quality.
The slate grey screen itself weighs in at a touch over 8kg and measures 43 x 21 x 43cm. It ships with an adjustable stand that features great ergonomics, with the ability to adjust the height, tilt and rotate into portrait mode. A VESA mount is also present on the rear of the screen in case you'd like to mount the display to an arm or wall. Both VGA and DVI inputs can be found on the rear panel of the 8ms display. The panel runs at a native resolution of 1280 x 1024 pixels and is clear and bright, with no signs of moire or other distortion visible during testing.
The unit features a thin silver line below the screen that separates the panel from a set of small speakers and provides space to fit a row of buttons. The selection is quite complete, featuring auto tune, volume up and down, brightness up and down, and 'ok' keys to drive access to most of the screen's settings. There's also a Philips LightFrame switch, which is designed to make quick adjustments to screen properties for different types of image (Internet, text and graphics are the default options). Each setting subtly changes the brightness, contrast and colour temperature settings to enhance the display.
The auto tune function works quite effectively. It left the colours a little over saturated, but this was easily adjusted, and quick access to the brightness setting is a bonus, as it allows you to fine-tune the backlight to avoid eyestrain. It's especially useful if you work in an office lit with natural light that varies during the day, as you can tweak the brightness as the sun moves. If the manual adjustments don't appeal, a SmartManage feature automatically adjusts the screen settings based on ambient light.
Four USB ports can be found on the left hand panel, just behind the screen. While their presence is handy, they're grouped together tightly, so you can't use more than two memory keys (or other large USB devices) at once.
At $949, the 190P6EB ships with a three-year warranty, includes an impressive ergonomic stand, USB hub, dual inputs, and some elegant features like automatic brightness adjustment.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Latest News Articles
- Dell's monstrous 70-inch touchscreen monitor takes aim at Microsoft's Surface Hub
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCDeployment CoordinatorNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC