Philips Brilliance 190P6EB
- Ergonomic adjustment, dual inputs, image quality
- USB ports a little too close together
Philips' 19in TFT panel offers great image quality, a wide range of adjustments, automatic brightness adjustment, and a long warranty.
Price$ 949.00 (AUD)
Philips' 190P6EB is an impressive 19" TFT panel replete with dual inputs, adjustable stand, and top-notch image quality.
The slate grey screen itself weighs in at a touch over 8kg and measures 43 x 21 x 43cm. It ships with an adjustable stand that features great ergonomics, with the ability to adjust the height, tilt and rotate into portrait mode. A VESA mount is also present on the rear of the screen in case you'd like to mount the display to an arm or wall. Both VGA and DVI inputs can be found on the rear panel of the 8ms display. The panel runs at a native resolution of 1280 x 1024 pixels and is clear and bright, with no signs of moire or other distortion visible during testing.
The unit features a thin silver line below the screen that separates the panel from a set of small speakers and provides space to fit a row of buttons. The selection is quite complete, featuring auto tune, volume up and down, brightness up and down, and 'ok' keys to drive access to most of the screen's settings. There's also a Philips LightFrame switch, which is designed to make quick adjustments to screen properties for different types of image (Internet, text and graphics are the default options). Each setting subtly changes the brightness, contrast and colour temperature settings to enhance the display.
The auto tune function works quite effectively. It left the colours a little over saturated, but this was easily adjusted, and quick access to the brightness setting is a bonus, as it allows you to fine-tune the backlight to avoid eyestrain. It's especially useful if you work in an office lit with natural light that varies during the day, as you can tweak the brightness as the sun moves. If the manual adjustments don't appeal, a SmartManage feature automatically adjusts the screen settings based on ambient light.
Four USB ports can be found on the left hand panel, just behind the screen. While their presence is handy, they're grouped together tightly, so you can't use more than two memory keys (or other large USB devices) at once.
At $949, the 190P6EB ships with a three-year warranty, includes an impressive ergonomic stand, USB hub, dual inputs, and some elegant features like automatic brightness adjustment.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Latest News Articles
- Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
- LG's 4K HDR monitor gets a price and release date, heralding a new era for PC displays
- Dell's monstrous 70-inch touchscreen monitor takes aim at Microsoft's Surface Hub
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior Automation Test AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCPerformance TesterQLD
- FTProject Co-OrdinaterNSW
- CCNetwork and Cloud SMENSW
- FTAGILE Implementation Manager ContractNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- FTSalesforce Marketing Cloud ConsultantVIC
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCSAP BPC SME/Consultant - BRISBANE BASEDQLD
- FTICT ManagerNSW
- FTSystem EngineersVIC
- FTJunior DevOps Developer - TelcoVIC
- FTLinux / Unix Systems AdministratorSA
- FTProject AnalystNSW
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - HealthQLD
- FTProgram Manager-SAP Transition, SAP FICO ImplementationNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTProject AnalystVIC