Philips Brilliance 190P6EB
- Ergonomic adjustment, dual inputs, image quality
- USB ports a little too close together
Philips' 19in TFT panel offers great image quality, a wide range of adjustments, automatic brightness adjustment, and a long warranty.
Price$ 949.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
Philips' 190P6EB is an impressive 19" TFT panel replete with dual inputs, adjustable stand, and top-notch image quality.
The slate grey screen itself weighs in at a touch over 8kg and measures 43 x 21 x 43cm. It ships with an adjustable stand that features great ergonomics, with the ability to adjust the height, tilt and rotate into portrait mode. A VESA mount is also present on the rear of the screen in case you'd like to mount the display to an arm or wall. Both VGA and DVI inputs can be found on the rear panel of the 8ms display. The panel runs at a native resolution of 1280 x 1024 pixels and is clear and bright, with no signs of moire or other distortion visible during testing.
The unit features a thin silver line below the screen that separates the panel from a set of small speakers and provides space to fit a row of buttons. The selection is quite complete, featuring auto tune, volume up and down, brightness up and down, and 'ok' keys to drive access to most of the screen's settings. There's also a Philips LightFrame switch, which is designed to make quick adjustments to screen properties for different types of image (Internet, text and graphics are the default options). Each setting subtly changes the brightness, contrast and colour temperature settings to enhance the display.
The auto tune function works quite effectively. It left the colours a little over saturated, but this was easily adjusted, and quick access to the brightness setting is a bonus, as it allows you to fine-tune the backlight to avoid eyestrain. It's especially useful if you work in an office lit with natural light that varies during the day, as you can tweak the brightness as the sun moves. If the manual adjustments don't appeal, a SmartManage feature automatically adjusts the screen settings based on ambient light.
Four USB ports can be found on the left hand panel, just behind the screen. While their presence is handy, they're grouped together tightly, so you can't use more than two memory keys (or other large USB devices) at once.
At $949, the 190P6EB ships with a three-year warranty, includes an impressive ergonomic stand, USB hub, dual inputs, and some elegant features like automatic brightness adjustment.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
- LG's ultra-thin touchscreen panels will enable lighter, thinner notebooks
- Curved displays from TVs see uptake in PCs, monitors
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW