Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2009 Suite
Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2009 Suite is a welcome upgrade of an already capable partitioning and imaging suite from Paragon Software
- Partitioning and imaging under one roof, easy-to-use interface
- Linux Preinstallation Environment recovery CDs doesn't allow you to load drivers post-boot
Hard Disk Manager 2009 Suite is a versatile application that's now virtually dead-even with Acronis software in useful features. The new additions make it a worthy choice for your local-backup needs.
Price$ 71.61 (AUD)
The latest version of Paragon Hard Disk Manager includes updated driver support and a slew of new features. Two of the additions - the ability to back up individual files and folders, and diverse hardware restore - are particularly useful.
File-level backup means you can avoid imaging an entire partition if you simply want to back up My Documents, for instance. Previously you could use Hard Disk Manager only to create an image of your hard drive. The addition of file backup makes Hard Disk Manager a more well-rounded offering that can better compete with dedicated backup programs.
With diverse hardware restore, if your old PC dies, you can restore a backup image from it to your new PC without worrying about hardware driver conflicts that can prevent Windows from booting. The hardware-independent restore also makes it easier for IT types to roll out a standard image across a range of different PC models.
One of Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2009 Suite's enduring selling points is that it houses core disk chores within a single program. Whereas competitors such as Acronis force you to switch back and forth between separately purchased applications for partitioning and imaging chores, Hard Disk Manager 2009 Suite puts both under one easy-to-learn-and-navigate roof.
That all-in-one appeal extends to the Linux/Windows Preinstallation Environment recovery CDs provided with the program. The boot CDs are based on the latest OS builds, which now support more devices than previous versions and hence will boot on more computers. Although we're Linux fans, we had better luck with the Windows PE version (which you can download from Paragon Software's site after you purchase the program), as it allows you to load drivers post-boot - a priceless feature when you're dealing with oddball storage controllers.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Quickflix halts trading ahead of acquisition
- Facebook aims to launch unmanned drone by year-end
- Windows 10 launches with its fair share of bugs
- These graphics cards and processors support Windows 10's DirectX 12 graphics tech
- Windows 10 is a free upgrade for Windows 7 and Windows 8 users
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW