Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2009 Suite
Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2009 Suite is a welcome upgrade of an already capable partitioning and imaging suite from Paragon Software
- Partitioning and imaging under one roof, easy-to-use interface
- Linux Preinstallation Environment recovery CDs doesn't allow you to load drivers post-boot
Hard Disk Manager 2009 Suite is a versatile application that's now virtually dead-even with Acronis software in useful features. The new additions make it a worthy choice for your local-backup needs.
Price$ 71.61 (AUD)
The latest version of Paragon Hard Disk Manager includes updated driver support and a slew of new features. Two of the additions - the ability to back up individual files and folders, and diverse hardware restore - are particularly useful.
File-level backup means you can avoid imaging an entire partition if you simply want to back up My Documents, for instance. Previously you could use Hard Disk Manager only to create an image of your hard drive. The addition of file backup makes Hard Disk Manager a more well-rounded offering that can better compete with dedicated backup programs.
With diverse hardware restore, if your old PC dies, you can restore a backup image from it to your new PC without worrying about hardware driver conflicts that can prevent Windows from booting. The hardware-independent restore also makes it easier for IT types to roll out a standard image across a range of different PC models.
One of Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2009 Suite's enduring selling points is that it houses core disk chores within a single program. Whereas competitors such as Acronis force you to switch back and forth between separately purchased applications for partitioning and imaging chores, Hard Disk Manager 2009 Suite puts both under one easy-to-learn-and-navigate roof.
That all-in-one appeal extends to the Linux/Windows Preinstallation Environment recovery CDs provided with the program. The boot CDs are based on the latest OS builds, which now support more devices than previous versions and hence will boot on more computers. Although we're Linux fans, we had better luck with the Windows PE version (which you can download from Paragon Software's site after you purchase the program), as it allows you to load drivers post-boot - a priceless feature when you're dealing with oddball storage controllers.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Village Roadshow aims to block 40 pirate sites
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- Google lets users get social with Maps
- Microsoft unveils a bonanza of security capabilities
- Here's how Evernote moved 3 petabytes of data to Google's cloud
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)VIC
- CCProject Manager - Telco Networks EngineeringVIC
- CCSAP/ Nakisa Implementation ConsultantQLD
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPIT Project Officer - TMRQLD
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- FTPart Time - IT Service Desk AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCDigital Communications ManagerNSW
- CCIT Infrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCSharepoint Business AnalystACT
- CCContract - System Access Administrator - major Telco in MelbourneVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)ACT
- TPBusiness Analyst - Technical BackgroundQLD
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTHR Payroll ConsultantQLD
- FTBI Developer l Microstrategy , HadoopNSW
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Life 400 DeveloperNSW
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperVIC
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorACT
- CCProject SpecialistVIC