Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2009 Suite
Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2009 Suite is a welcome upgrade of an already capable partitioning and imaging suite from Paragon Software
- Partitioning and imaging under one roof, easy-to-use interface
- Linux Preinstallation Environment recovery CDs doesn't allow you to load drivers post-boot
Hard Disk Manager 2009 Suite is a versatile application that's now virtually dead-even with Acronis software in useful features. The new additions make it a worthy choice for your local-backup needs.
Price$ 71.61 (AUD)
The latest version of Paragon Hard Disk Manager includes updated driver support and a slew of new features. Two of the additions - the ability to back up individual files and folders, and diverse hardware restore - are particularly useful.
File-level backup means you can avoid imaging an entire partition if you simply want to back up My Documents, for instance. Previously you could use Hard Disk Manager only to create an image of your hard drive. The addition of file backup makes Hard Disk Manager a more well-rounded offering that can better compete with dedicated backup programs.
With diverse hardware restore, if your old PC dies, you can restore a backup image from it to your new PC without worrying about hardware driver conflicts that can prevent Windows from booting. The hardware-independent restore also makes it easier for IT types to roll out a standard image across a range of different PC models.
One of Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2009 Suite's enduring selling points is that it houses core disk chores within a single program. Whereas competitors such as Acronis force you to switch back and forth between separately purchased applications for partitioning and imaging chores, Hard Disk Manager 2009 Suite puts both under one easy-to-learn-and-navigate roof.
That all-in-one appeal extends to the Linux/Windows Preinstallation Environment recovery CDs provided with the program. The boot CDs are based on the latest OS builds, which now support more devices than previous versions and hence will boot on more computers. Although we're Linux fans, we had better luck with the Windows PE version (which you can download from Paragon Software's site after you purchase the program), as it allows you to load drivers post-boot - a priceless feature when you're dealing with oddball storage controllers.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Siri-powered Amazon Echo rival reportedly hits the prototype phase
- Hands-on: Opera's free, unlimited browser VPN is ready for secure surfing
- Microsoft sues repeat software pirate who owes company $1.2M from prior case
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- New call-blocking apps in iOS 10 can stop spams and scams before they reach you
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia