Optoma MovieTime DV10
- User-friendly, built-in DVD player, high-throw ratio lens, fast power/cool down
- Fan operation is quite audible, native resolution of just 480p
A perfect coffee table companion
Price$ 2,999.00 (AUD)
The MovieTime DV10 is a user-friendly projector. It has a built-in top-loading DVD player into which you can insert a DVD and start enjoying a movie in a matter of seconds. With the high-throw-ratio lens, you can position the projector close to the wall or screen without sacrificing image size or quality. Add to this a set of crisp-sounding internal speakers and you have yourself an exceptional projector.
The DV10 has a futuristic-looking outer casing and two internal speakers located behind a silver grille mesh at the rear. Heat is removed through its side ventilation and the internal fan has a noise level of 27dB, which is comparable to a loud computer and quite distracting when watching movies at low volume. At 368 x 117 x 273mm, the unit is small enough to permanently and inconspicuously reside on a coffee table.
Inputs are accessed through the back of the machine. There's a composite, VGA and S-Video connector. There's also stereo audio in, stereo audio out, optical audio out and an AC power input. A D-sub to three-component RCA adapter is provided, so you could connect up an HDTV set top box without compromising quality. Controls are accessed by buttons on top of the physical enclosure, or through the intuitive remote control.
Setting up the projector was an effortless process. To watch a DVD, plug into a power source, insert a DVD, point at a white wall (or preferably a projector screen) and power up. Within 30 seconds a full brightness image will appear.
The image quality overall was quite impressive. It produced deep blacks. This confirms the advertised contrast ratio specification of 4000:1. Colours were accurately reproduced, skin tones seemed very detailed and the definition of the image was sharp.
One downside to the performance of the projector is the native resolution of its DLP chip: 480p (854 x 480).
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Latest News Articles
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
- Vivid Sydney 2012 gets some love from will.i.am
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CC.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTCyber Security - Technical SpecialistACT
- FTDatabase DeveloperNSW
- TPSystems Analyst - WHS ImplementationNSW
- FTSecurity Support AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSAP Data Migration LeadQLD
- TP.NET DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- CCSenior Test Analyst-InfrastructureNSW
- TPGIS Officer | Map InfoQLD
- FTEAM Delivery Manager - SAPNSW
- FTEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- FTManagement AccountantNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperSA
- FTDigital Support ConsultantSA
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- FTSalesforce Senior Developer | Solution DesignerQLD
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC