Optoma MovieTime DV10
- User-friendly, built-in DVD player, high-throw ratio lens, fast power/cool down
- Fan operation is quite audible, native resolution of just 480p
A perfect coffee table companion
Price$ 2,999.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
The MovieTime DV10 is a user-friendly projector. It has a built-in top-loading DVD player into which you can insert a DVD and start enjoying a movie in a matter of seconds. With the high-throw-ratio lens, you can position the projector close to the wall or screen without sacrificing image size or quality. Add to this a set of crisp-sounding internal speakers and you have yourself an exceptional projector.
The DV10 has a futuristic-looking outer casing and two internal speakers located behind a silver grille mesh at the rear. Heat is removed through its side ventilation and the internal fan has a noise level of 27dB, which is comparable to a loud computer and quite distracting when watching movies at low volume. At 368 x 117 x 273mm, the unit is small enough to permanently and inconspicuously reside on a coffee table.
Inputs are accessed through the back of the machine. There's a composite, VGA and S-Video connector. There's also stereo audio in, stereo audio out, optical audio out and an AC power input. A D-sub to three-component RCA adapter is provided, so you could connect up an HDTV set top box without compromising quality. Controls are accessed by buttons on top of the physical enclosure, or through the intuitive remote control.
Setting up the projector was an effortless process. To watch a DVD, plug into a power source, insert a DVD, point at a white wall (or preferably a projector screen) and power up. Within 30 seconds a full brightness image will appear.
The image quality overall was quite impressive. It produced deep blacks. This confirms the advertised contrast ratio specification of 4000:1. Colours were accurately reproduced, skin tones seemed very detailed and the definition of the image was sharp.
One downside to the performance of the projector is the native resolution of its DLP chip: 480p (854 x 480).
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
- Vivid Sydney 2012 gets some love from will.i.am
- InFocus releases cheap short-throw projector
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW