Optima Centoris G595
- DVD writer, long battery life
- 3D performance
With great battery life, a number of extra features and a plethora of bundled software, the Optima Centoris G595 is great value. However, those concerned about 3D performance may want to steer clear.
Price$ 2,199.00 (AUD)
The Optima Centoris G595 has a multiformat (-/+) DVD writer, 802.11b/g wireless networking, four-in-one card reader and a great worst-case scenario battery life of 98 minutes--all for less than $2200.
The Centoris G595 is equipped with a 15" display with maximum resolution of 1024 x 768, a 1.6GHz Intel Pentium M processor, 512MB of memory and a 60GB 4200rpm hard disk.
Two Type II and one Type III PC Cards are supported. Elsewhere, the port complement includes five USB 2.0 ports and FireWire, PS/2, VGA-out, Ethernet, 56Kbps modem, microphone and headphone connections.
Windows XP Home, Power2Go (CD/DVD burning), PowerDVD (DVD playback), PowerDirector (video editing), PowerProducer (video authoring), Medi@Show (photo slide shows) and Microsoft Works Suite 2004 are all supplied with the Centoris G595, as is a carry bag and a one-year warranty with free courier pickup and return.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Razer's revamped Blade Pro laptop marries a GeForce GTX 1080 with 4K G-Sync
- Tobii's new eye tracker adds head tracking with an emphasis on PC games
- Apple to announce new Macs at a special event October 27
- HP Omen 17 review: Great gaming performance at a great price
- Acer's swanky Swift 7 launches as the thinnest laptop ever
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantTAS
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW