Nuance PDF Converter Enterprise 6.0
Nuance provides loads of features aimed directly at business users
- Creates PDFs quickly and accurately, affordable
- Some menus are cryptic
Nuance PDF Converter Enterprise 6.0 package has lots to like. And it's today's best value in full-featured PDF-conversion software.
Price$ 229.95 (AUD)
Nuance PDF Converter Enterprise 6.0 takes on Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro (Acrobat comes from the originator of the PDF format) - and does so with a strategy that is both obvious and ambitious.
Nuance provides loads of features aimed directly at business users, including most of Acrobat Pro 9's advanced features and some that it lacks, despite being cheaper.
No PDF tool is worth considering unless it quickly and faithfully converts documents of all sorts into PDFs. In our tests, Nuance PDF Converter Enterprise 6.0 did just that, and it's full of niceties that help you create better PDFs with less effort.
We even liked Nuance PDF Converter Enterprise 6.0's new thumbnail viewer for juggling the pages in a PDF more than Acrobat Pro's equivalent, for instance. And if you open an image file that contains text, PDF Converter now asks you if want to use its optical-character-recognition feature to make the text searchable, and whether you want to keep the image or replace it with editable text.
One of the best things about Nuance PDF Converter Enterprise 6.0 is its ability to reverse the process by turning a PDF back into an editable Word, WordPerfect, Excel, or PowerPoint file. The new version even lets you select a single chunk of a PDF for conversion - very handy when you don't need the entire document.
Nuance PDF Converter Enterprise 6.0 doesn't match Acrobat Pro in every respect, though. We found some of its icons, terminology, and error messages (yes, we got a few of those as well) to be a tad cryptic. Its new Portfolio PDF-bundling feature offers only one template versus Acrobat's four, and Acrobat's support for embedded video is better. And you get integrated access to Microsoft SharePoint document repositories, but no support for Adobe's Acrobat.com collaborative service.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Google's new AI aims to end abusive online comments using 'Perspective'
- Village Roadshow aims to block 40 pirate sites
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- Google lets users get social with Maps
- Microsoft unveils a bonanza of security capabilities
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTHead of ApplicationsVIC
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)QLD
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- TPProject ManagerOther
- CCSQL Database Administrator (DBA)NSW
- FTIt Security and process analystNSW
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTDigital Strategist - Global Consulting FirmACT
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- TPProduct Owner - Cloud SolutionsQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst AO7QLD
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- CCIT Senior Business AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - ReinsuranceNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- TPBusiness Analyst - PeopleSoft HR/Payroll ProjectVIC
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global BrandNSW
- FTSenior Database AdministratorVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerNSW
- CCData Migration Consultant - LeadNSW