- LD-4W Bluetooth GPS Module
- • • •
how is d' price in indonesia (for yogyakarta for specially)? go on for nokia.
Nokia LD-4W Bluetooth GPS Module
- Design, weight, included belt clip and suction cup, solid performance
- No included AC charger, a little expensive
If your mobile phone or PDA doesn't have a GPS receiver built-in, then the stylish and compact LD-4W is definitely worth a look.
Price$ 214.99 (AUD)
With GPS becoming more and more popular, the push for navigation continues to gather pace. If your mobile phone or PDA doesn't have a built in GPS receiver, then Nokia's LD-4W -- a simple, but practical Bluetooth GPS receiver -- can turn it into a full navigational device.
The most notable aspect of the LD-4W is its design. There are plenty of GPS receivers hitting the market, but not many are as compact and stylish as this one. Its gloss black plastic design featuring silver edging and a rubber back makes this unit attractive and weighing just 31g, it's practical too. Included in the sales package is a suction cup and belt clip, so you can use the LD-4W in a number of ways.
The LD-4W uses the popular SiRF Star III GPS receiver and we found it falls in line with most dedicated navigation units in terms of response time. The first time you switch it on out of the box, it can take up to a couple of minutes, but this time is reduced to about a minute and a half once it's connected for the first time.
We were impressed with performance, testing the receiver with a HP iPAQ 112 Classic PDA running the latest CoPilot Live 7 GPS software. The LD-4W also obviously works with most Nokia phones and the Nokia Maps application. We experienced no dropouts despite testing in and around large buildings and trees which sometimes affect the GPS signal, though performance was notably stronger when attached to a car windscreen via the suction cap, rather than hanging off a belt, or in a pocket.
The LD-4W only has a single power button. Pairing is as simple as turning the unit on, whereby it automatically enters pairing mode. Three LED indicators on the front signal power, Bluetooth connectivity and GPS reception.
Nokia claims the LD-4W can provide up to 10 hours of operating time from a full one hour charge. The unit is charged via a proprietary Nokia connection -- the same as most of the new Nokia handsets on the market. An in-car charger is bundled in the sales package, but unfortunately, there is no AC charger included. This seems strange considering the unit works with most phones or PDAs that support Bluetooth and is disappointing considering the price tag.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 2 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 3 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Acer launches four Chrome devices under $400
- Google Nexus 9 pre-sales start at $479
- China again blames US for disrupted cybersecurity talks
- Is your Ethernet fast enough? Four new speeds are in the works
- Optus starts selling BlackBerry's squared Passport
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW