- OLED display, reasonable call quality, size and design, ease of use
- Price, volume could be louder, no alert when phone is on silent mode
The BH-902 is a stylish and comfortable headset that works reasonably well, but the lack of an alert tone when your phone is in silent mode is annoying.
Price$ 214.99 (AUD)
Featuring a bright OLED display and boasting DSP (Digital Signal Processing) technology for clearer calls, Nokia's BH-902 is a stylish and comfortable Bluetooth headset.
Thanks to the OLED display, the BH-902 is quite an easy headset to operate. It only has four buttons -- power, volume up/down and answer call keys. Despite the headset's small size, we found the buttons easy to press and operation is simple and easy overall. The stylish gloss black and silver finish is complemented nicely by a small ear hook with chrome tips, making the BH-902 an attractive and comfortable headset.
Pairing is an effortless process; simply turn the unit on by holding down the power key, search for it as a Bluetooth device on your phone, enter the passcode and the BH-902 is ready to use. When powered on for the first time, the Nokia logo appears on the display and then the default passcode (0000) is shown, to speed up the pairing process.
Once connected, pressing the volume key when there is no call active displays the current time, as well as Bluetooth and battery indicators respectively. The BH-902 alerts you with caller ID on the display when you receive a call and also displays a small message icon and the text "new message" when a text or multimedia message is received. We can't see how the latter will be beneficial though, as you can't see the display when the unit is clipped to your ear. Unfortunately, the BH-902 doesn't play a tone when your phone rings or receives a message in silent mode.
Once paired, functions are simple and easy; press the call button to answer a call, and press it again to end a call. You can reject an incoming call by pressing the call handling button twice. You can also transfer a call from the headset to your phone and mute the microphone. We really liked the menu system -- pressing the power button brings up the on-screen menu consisting of recent calls, connection and setup.
Sound quality is passable, but far from outstanding. Volume in particular could have been much louder and we did struggle to hear a little while holding a conversation in a noisy environment. Nokia includes a holder that clips to your shirt; an ideal place to keep the headset when it's not in use.
Battery life is quite good considering the size. The BH-902's quoted eight hours of talk time and up to 110 hours of standby time is reasonable, if not outstanding.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Android's next destination: Untethered VR headsets with Snapdragon 835
- MWC 17: What's coming, what's not, and what we really want to see
- Xiaomi planning second version of its revolutionary Mi Mix ‘bezel-less’ phone
- Apple smartphones outsold Samsung's in Q4
- Apple joins Wireless Power Consortium, charging up iPhone 8 rumor
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCNetwork Specialist - IPAM TelcoVIC
- TPLinux Desktop Support SpecialistWA
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - ReinsuranceNSW
- FTFront-End DevOps Developer/Consultant - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)WA
- TPSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- FTOnline Solutions AnalystNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperSA
- TPMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- CCProject Manager - Adelaide basedNSW
- TPService Desk Analyst - Level 1VIC
- CCCA ITCM / ITCA EngineerNSW
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- TPProject Support OfficerQLD
- CCSenior Technical Consultant - MicrosoftACT
- TPSolution Architect - IntegrationQLD
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- CCProject Support SpecialistVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW