- OLED display, reasonable call quality, size and design, ease of use
- Price, volume could be louder, no alert when phone is on silent mode
The BH-902 is a stylish and comfortable headset that works reasonably well, but the lack of an alert tone when your phone is in silent mode is annoying.
Price$ 214.99 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
Featuring a bright OLED display and boasting DSP (Digital Signal Processing) technology for clearer calls, Nokia's BH-902 is a stylish and comfortable Bluetooth headset.
Thanks to the OLED display, the BH-902 is quite an easy headset to operate. It only has four buttons -- power, volume up/down and answer call keys. Despite the headset's small size, we found the buttons easy to press and operation is simple and easy overall. The stylish gloss black and silver finish is complemented nicely by a small ear hook with chrome tips, making the BH-902 an attractive and comfortable headset.
Pairing is an effortless process; simply turn the unit on by holding down the power key, search for it as a Bluetooth device on your phone, enter the passcode and the BH-902 is ready to use. When powered on for the first time, the Nokia logo appears on the display and then the default passcode (0000) is shown, to speed up the pairing process.
Once connected, pressing the volume key when there is no call active displays the current time, as well as Bluetooth and battery indicators respectively. The BH-902 alerts you with caller ID on the display when you receive a call and also displays a small message icon and the text "new message" when a text or multimedia message is received. We can't see how the latter will be beneficial though, as you can't see the display when the unit is clipped to your ear. Unfortunately, the BH-902 doesn't play a tone when your phone rings or receives a message in silent mode.
Once paired, functions are simple and easy; press the call button to answer a call, and press it again to end a call. You can reject an incoming call by pressing the call handling button twice. You can also transfer a call from the headset to your phone and mute the microphone. We really liked the menu system -- pressing the power button brings up the on-screen menu consisting of recent calls, connection and setup.
Sound quality is passable, but far from outstanding. Volume in particular could have been much louder and we did struggle to hear a little while holding a conversation in a noisy environment. Nokia includes a holder that clips to your shirt; an ideal place to keep the headset when it's not in use.
Battery life is quite good considering the size. The BH-902's quoted eight hours of talk time and up to 110 hours of standby time is reasonable, if not outstanding.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Amaysim wins with lowest TIO complaints
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- LG G5 to debut on February 21, going head-to-head with Galaxy S7
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- FTOracle Middleware ConsultantNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCProject AdvisorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC