- Excellent handsfree call quality, comfortable, design, user-friendly and easily accessible controls
- Poor sound quality overall, lack of clarity and crispness, bulky design
The BH-604's may offer decent handsfree calling, but their performance in streaming audio is below average.
Price$ 219.99 (AUD)
A DJ-style Bluetooth headset offering the ability to listen to music and take mobile calls wirelessly, Nokia's BH-604 headphones promise "Hi-Fi sound and deep bass". Unfortunately, what they ultimately deliver is below average sound quality and a chunky design – all for a hefty asking price.
Wireless headphones are obviously still far behind their wired counterparts in terms of sound quality, but they have been improving as Bluetooth technology advances. Unfortunately, though the BH-604's are easy to listen to, they fall behind many other models in terms of audio quality. The sound produced is very harsh, with evident distortion, especially at higher volume levels. The bass isn't balanced and the overall sound is lacking in any sort of quality. The biggest audio issue though is clarity – but do keep in mind that this is a standard issue of most wireless headphones and not a problem of this unit in particular.
Utilising an over-the-head design, the BH-604's are comfortable to wear for long periods but their large size and bulky design will not suit everyone. They feel solidly constructed though, and the adjustable headband is covered in a soft, leather-like material so it sits comfortably on top of your head.
The one advantage to the bulky design is well placed controls. For music control, there are play/pause, previous and next buttons and a volume slider, while the multifunction key can answer and end calls, activate voice dialling (provided your phone supports it) and redial your last call. The controls are large and well placed making them easy to press.
We found both incoming and outgoing call quality excellent and definitely on par with dedicated Bluetooth headsets. Particularly impressive was the loud in-call volume and the clear incoming sound. The handsfree calling is definitely the BH-604's most impressive feature.
Pairing the BH-604's to a compatible phone or multimedia player is a simple process. Holding down the multifunction key until the indicator light flashes blue puts it into pairing mode. From here, simply search for the device, enter the default passcode and then connect.
Rounding out the package is a quoted 19 hours of music playback time and up to two weeks of standby time. In addition, Nokia claims that you'll get 18 hours of talk time from just under 1.5 hours of charging via the included AC adapter.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Apple's AirPods could deliver audio with multiple wireless protocols
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Beats Solo2 headphones go wireless for $399
- Astro A38 review: A staggering price to pay for convenience
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSolution Architect - IntegrationQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- TPUI/UX ConsultantWA
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPScrum MasterVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst / DeveloperNSW
- TPAgile Project Manager. Sharepoint / PeoplesoftNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- TPLinux Desktop Support SpecialistWA
- CCWPF .NET EngineerNSW
- FTWeb Developer / Applications AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Java Developer - ContractQLD
- CCBPM Technical AnalystVIC
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- CCSAP Consultant - SAP Native HANA to DesignWA
- FTDeveloper/ ProgrammerSA
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD