Nikon COOLPIX 7900
- Nice image quality
- Blur warning and red-eye fix functions not effective enough, lacks functions
A high-resolution camera that does its best to prevent you taking bad shots.
Price$ 749.00 (AUD)
The Coolpix 7900 does its best to prevent you from taking bad shots. Its Blur Warning lets you know when camera shake or hand shake has affected a shot--but we found far too many blurred shots still slipped past the sensor's eye. D-Lighting compensates for insufficient flash or excessive backlighting. When tone is adjusted, a new picture is created automatically, in addition to the original. The end result is a brighter picture. Nikon's in-camera red-eye fix function automatically detects and corrects red eyes in-camera. On some shots, it does the job well, but it can also give some subjects a glazed eye effect or completely miss some red eyes.
The Coolpix 7900 features a 3X Zoom-Nikkor ED lens (with focal range equivalent of a 38-114mm lens in 35mm format) and takes shots at 7.1 megapixels. It has a top resolution of 3072 x 2304. Images saved at this setting and at Fine quality are more than suitable for A3 enlargements. All image information is saved to either its 14MB internal memory, or to an SD card.
The 7900's body is easy to hold. For ease of use, the camera omits manual functions such as aperture and shutter priority, but has a large range of presets and auto-settings available.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 3 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 4 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 5 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
Latest News Articles
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW