NEC MultiSync LCD2690WUXi
- Highly accurate colour representation, tilt and lift functions, good graphics and text reproduction
- Limited horizontal viewing angle, low-end contrast ratio and brightness ratings.
If you are looking for a monitor with accurate colour representation the NEC MultiSync LCD2690WUXi is right for you.
Price$ 2,229.00 (AUD)
The NEC MultiSync LCD2690WUXi is a 26in widescreen LCD monitor, the largest in NEC's 90 series of professional displays. As such, you'd expect it to be packed with features and NEC is never one to disappoint. At first glance you might be a little disappointed by some of the specifications (800:1 contrast ratio, 300 cd/m2 brightness rating), but it's the many impressive features that turn this into a barnstormer.
These include a programmable 12bit colour lookup table for smooth colour transitions and gradients, the ability to display up to 94 percent of the Adobe RGB colour space, and X-light Pro technology to keep the brightness and colour consistent through the life of the display. Though it carries a high-end price tag, this display should appeal to colour-savvy professionals.
The display sports a simple but elegant design with a thin, black bezel - helpful if you need to position two or more displays together. The menu system is intuitive, and the process is made easier still by the onscreen descriptions that appear just above the navigation buttons. Seeing eye-to-eye with this display should be no problem; you can adjust its height, tilt it forward and back, and even rotate it into a portrait orientation. We found the display to be bright but a little washed out. Once calibrated, though, the screen looked great. Its side-angle viewing wasn't quite as good as that of other NEC 90 series displays, but it was still very good. Text was clear, crisp, and legible at small point sizes. Colours really popped, with saturated but accurate representations of the food, skin tones and textures.
For professional photographers and designers, accurate colour is a necessity. Although this big, bright 26in display costs a pretty penny, its vast array of features make the MultiSync LCD2690WUXi a tool all serious colour geeks should consider.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Latest News Articles
- LG's 4K HDR monitor gets a price and release date, heralding a new era for PC displays
- Dell's monstrous 70-inch touchscreen monitor takes aim at Microsoft's Surface Hub
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- TPNode JS DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager, FinanceNSW
- FTData Analyst LeadSA
- CCSenior C++ .Net DeveloperWA
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCDevOps Developer - TelcoVIC
- FTDrupal Developer - SeniorQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTReporting Analyst - HR / PayrollNSW
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- FTOracle eBusiness Functional Consultant. (Procurement)NSW
- FTProduct Manager / Business Analyst Clinical Solutions (Lorenzo)QLD
- FTSecurity Lead / ConsultantNSW
- CCInfosphere ConsultantACT
- FTGIS Software DeveloperQLD
- CCWeb Devops EngineerNSW
- FTICT Project ManagerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - StorageVIC
- CCTSM SpecialistNSW
- TPDigital Platforms ManagerVIC
- FTSCOM Monitoring and Alerting SpecialistNSW
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA