NEC AccuSync LCD92VX
- Little blurring despite being 16ms
- Extremely dark blacks and bright whites, analogue only
This is a great monitor for all-round pursuits. It offers a very vibrant picture and good colour performance and despite its 16ms response time, was almost as good as some of the 12ms panels.
Price$ 422.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
- NA-140VX3WAU 10kg Front Load Washing Machine - ... 1347.00
- Monitor PA302W 30-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor 6447.99
This screen produced very good results in all our tests and should be considered if you're after an all-round monitor for everyday work, watching movies or even games. It produces a vibrant and bright picture and despite its panel not being able to reproduce 16.7 million colour combinations, it went very well in the DisplayMate colour tests. In particular, the 256-level colour ramp was smoothly gradated without noticeable banding and its performance in the colour blending and colour scaling tests was excellent.
This monitor did have a tendency to produce dark blacks and very bright whites. This was noticeable in the extreme greyscale tests where the black and white ends of the scale drowned out some of the darker and lighter shades of grey.
Screen uniformity (a consistent brightness level across the entire screen) was excellent on this model and viewing from the sides was also impressive. We also liked the 16ms response time of this screen, which produced only slight blurring in our motion blur tests.
Physically, the AccuSync LCD92V is an analog-only monitor. It has a 2cm-thick bezel across the top and along the sides. Its base is solid and allows for tilting, but tilting the monitor backwards or forwards requires a fair bit of effort.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
- LG's ultra-thin touchscreen panels will enable lighter, thinner notebooks
- Curved displays from TVs see uptake in PCs, monitors
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD