NEC AccuSync LCD92VX
- Little blurring despite being 16ms
- Extremely dark blacks and bright whites, analogue only
This is a great monitor for all-round pursuits. It offers a very vibrant picture and good colour performance and despite its 16ms response time, was almost as good as some of the 12ms panels.
Price$ 422.00 (AUD)
This screen produced very good results in all our tests and should be considered if you're after an all-round monitor for everyday work, watching movies or even games. It produces a vibrant and bright picture and despite its panel not being able to reproduce 16.7 million colour combinations, it went very well in the DisplayMate colour tests. In particular, the 256-level colour ramp was smoothly gradated without noticeable banding and its performance in the colour blending and colour scaling tests was excellent.
This monitor did have a tendency to produce dark blacks and very bright whites. This was noticeable in the extreme greyscale tests where the black and white ends of the scale drowned out some of the darker and lighter shades of grey.
Screen uniformity (a consistent brightness level across the entire screen) was excellent on this model and viewing from the sides was also impressive. We also liked the 16ms response time of this screen, which produced only slight blurring in our motion blur tests.
Physically, the AccuSync LCD92V is an analog-only monitor. It has a 2cm-thick bezel across the top and along the sides. Its base is solid and allows for tilting, but tilting the monitor backwards or forwards requires a fair bit of effort.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
- More high-end GPUs are now compatible with Dell's 8K monitor
- Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
- LG's 4K HDR monitor gets a price and release date, heralding a new era for PC displays
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProject Engineer - Data & IP NetworksNSW
- CCTraining Lead - TelcoVIC
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, FinanceNSW
- FTFinance AnalystNSW
- TPTechnical Support Officer (Unix/Linux, Windows and Mac)VIC
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- FTIntegration Specialist - TIBCONSW
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- CCEngineer/Developer - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCSystems AdministratorNSW
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior MS Server Administrator with HyperVNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW