NEC AccuSync LCD92VX
- Little blurring despite being 16ms
- Extremely dark blacks and bright whites, analogue only
This is a great monitor for all-round pursuits. It offers a very vibrant picture and good colour performance and despite its 16ms response time, was almost as good as some of the 12ms panels.
Price$ 422.00 (AUD)
This screen produced very good results in all our tests and should be considered if you're after an all-round monitor for everyday work, watching movies or even games. It produces a vibrant and bright picture and despite its panel not being able to reproduce 16.7 million colour combinations, it went very well in the DisplayMate colour tests. In particular, the 256-level colour ramp was smoothly gradated without noticeable banding and its performance in the colour blending and colour scaling tests was excellent.
This monitor did have a tendency to produce dark blacks and very bright whites. This was noticeable in the extreme greyscale tests where the black and white ends of the scale drowned out some of the darker and lighter shades of grey.
Screen uniformity (a consistent brightness level across the entire screen) was excellent on this model and viewing from the sides was also impressive. We also liked the 16ms response time of this screen, which produced only slight blurring in our motion blur tests.
Physically, the AccuSync LCD92V is an analog-only monitor. It has a 2cm-thick bezel across the top and along the sides. Its base is solid and allows for tilting, but tilting the monitor backwards or forwards requires a fair bit of effort.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Latest News Articles
- Dell's monstrous 70-inch touchscreen monitor takes aim at Microsoft's Surface Hub
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCFacilities ManagerACT
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/JP/709Asia
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Support (Contract Renewable)Asia
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia