NEC AccuSync LCD92VX
- Little blurring despite being 16ms
- Extremely dark blacks and bright whites, analogue only
This is a great monitor for all-round pursuits. It offers a very vibrant picture and good colour performance and despite its 16ms response time, was almost as good as some of the 12ms panels.
Price$ 422.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
This screen produced very good results in all our tests and should be considered if you're after an all-round monitor for everyday work, watching movies or even games. It produces a vibrant and bright picture and despite its panel not being able to reproduce 16.7 million colour combinations, it went very well in the DisplayMate colour tests. In particular, the 256-level colour ramp was smoothly gradated without noticeable banding and its performance in the colour blending and colour scaling tests was excellent.
This monitor did have a tendency to produce dark blacks and very bright whites. This was noticeable in the extreme greyscale tests where the black and white ends of the scale drowned out some of the darker and lighter shades of grey.
Screen uniformity (a consistent brightness level across the entire screen) was excellent on this model and viewing from the sides was also impressive. We also liked the 16ms response time of this screen, which produced only slight blurring in our motion blur tests.
Physically, the AccuSync LCD92V is an analog-only monitor. It has a 2cm-thick bezel across the top and along the sides. Its base is solid and allows for tilting, but tilting the monitor backwards or forwards requires a fair bit of effort.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- LG's ultra-thin touchscreen panels will enable lighter, thinner notebooks
- Curved displays from TVs see uptake in PCs, monitors
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
- LG to unveil curved ultrawide monitor at IFA
- Ultra high-definition and 3.5mm bezels are traits of AOC’s new monitors
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW