Nebula DigiTV PCI/USB
- AV-in for PCI, easy to use interface, serve TV on a LAN, superior timeshifting, transport stream recording, easy scheduler program
- Have to tune client PCs in LAN mode
The Nebula DigiTV PCI and DigiTV USB devices both come with software that is rich in features and well supported by the vendor. If you want a card with excellent recording and timeshifting capabilities, then the DigiTV series is ideal.
Price$ 259.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
Nebula's TV tuner products have always impressed us with their expansive range of capabilities. The latest PCI and USB products continue that trend.
The DigiTV PCI is a HD digital TV card with composite input, so in addition to HDTV, it gives you the opportunity to watch video from an analog source, such as a VHS player or pay-TV set top box.
The Nebula DigiTV USB is a compact unit with a built-in infrared sensor, and it uses the same software interface as the DigiTV PCI version. This unit can display HD channels through its USB 2.0 interface, but it lacks video-in ports for capturing analog video streams.
Both the PCI and the USB versions of the DigiTV returned the full complement of channels during their initial tuning sessions.
The strength of the DigiTV PCI and DigiTV USB products lies in their bundled software, DigiTV, which sports an unobtrusive interface. All functions and settings are located in menu items within the TV window, without so much as a separate channel list or player controls visible. A more graphical interface can be used with the remote control, though, which is perfect for viewing from a distance. The DigiTV PCI card can be comfortably controlled by remote, and it ships with an infrared receiver (the USB version has the receiver built-in). Likewise, the program can be controlled easily via keyboard shortcuts; for example, R is for record and S is for stop.
The DigiTV software is very robust. One of the most useful features allows DigiTV to serve TV on a LAN (including wireless 802.11g networks). Using this setting, a client PC anywhere on your network can view TV as if the tuner card was placed in that machine.
Note that you cannot watch different channels on two machines at the same time with this feature, and the client PC must also be tuned so that it can generate a channel list. We experienced some issues while trying to tune the client PC from the server, (the client PC could not pick up a signal).
Recent versions of the software can also handle multi-channel recording and, to take advantage of this feature, Nebula plans to make USB slave devices (they were unavailable at the time of writing).
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia's new $200 GeForce GTX 1060 3GB challenges the Radeon RX 480 head-on
- Corsair and MSI team up on a liquid-cooled, overclocked GeForce GTX 1080
- AMD's new SSG Technology blends an SSD with a GPU?!
- AMD packs 1TB SSD into a GPU for better VR and gaming
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW