Namco Time Crisis 4
- Plays just like the arcade version, Guncon 3 is well designed
- Replayability is an issue, FPS mode is interesting but ultimately gimmicky
If you're a PS3 owner who loves light-gun games then Time Crisis 4 is the only game you need; it's also the only game you can have.
As someone who sunk their fair share of quarters into Time Crisis 4 arcade machines, we had high hopes for the PS3 port of Namco-Bandai's slick light-gun shooter.
We weren't disappointed, as it's a near perfect port. For short bursts of light-gun action, it's pretty tough to beat, especially considering the fact that it's the only one around.
>h2>In the nick of...
Most of you have probably played a Time Crisis game but if you haven't, it's one of the better light-gun franchises around. In TC4, you play as one of two pretty boy cops and basically shoot the crap out of everything that moves. The game employs a neat cover system that requires you to hold a button in order to position yourself to take shots at the enemy; when it's time to reload or when things get dangerous, you simply let go of the button and duck to safety. You also have an arsenal of weapons that includes machine guns and shotguns.
The PS3 version comes with the new Guncon 3 controller that's bristling with buttons but they're intuitively placed and it's comfortable in your hands. It looks like a gun with half a Dual-Shock melded on; you do have to strap two awkward looking LED sensors to the upper two corners of your TV to make the whole contraption work but once you set it up, it's pretty damn responsive.
Running out of...
Of course, the enjoyment you get out of the game depends on your love of light-gun games. Because it's an arcade port, it's fairly short and only die-hard fans will play it over and over again. There is an interesting FPS mode that's fun for a few levels but it's ultimately gimmicky and your hands start to cramp because of all the buttons involved. There are also some mini-games present and we're sure there are other hidden goodies you can unearth but the game's shelf life is pretty short.
But the game is still a blast, even if you eventually get tired of it.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- You can download Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes for iOS and Android today
- Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes looks sharp, but will it survive the freemium transition?
- Nintendo's bringing Super Mario Run to Android in March, but Fire Emblem's coming first
- The Switch is a mix of Nintendo's past consoles
- Dead Rising 4 impressions: 'Tis the season to BBQ zombies with your flaming sword
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Applications Support OfficerQLD
- FTGraduate Software EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - PeopleSoft HR/Payroll ProjectVIC
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- CCDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Contract - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPProduct Owner - Cloud SolutionsQLD
- FTSenior Software EngineerVIC
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- FTSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- CCTest AnalystWA
- CCNetwork Engineer/ Network AdministratorQLD
- TPImplementation Business Partner - Business ModernisationNSW
- FTJunior Software Developer - SASACT
- FTApplication Support Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - ReinsuranceNSW
- FTTelecommunications Services Manager - Voice/Data/UCQLD
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorNSW
- TPMaster SchedulerNSW