Takeaway Website Version Two
Chances are that at one point or the other everyone has wanted to possess their own Web site. And hiring a professional to do it may just be too expensive.
- Good value, feature-rich
- Level of customisation is restricted
Mr Site Takeaway Website Version Two is feature-rich, but the level of customisation is restricted because the templates themselves cannot be changed. Mr Site Takeaway Website is good value for money, since you get a domain name, one year of hosting, and an easy to use Web site creator for a reasonable price.
Price$ 109.99 (AUD)
Chances are that at one point or the other everyone has wanted to possess their own Web site. And hiring a professional to do it may just be too expensive. Mr Site Takeaway Website Version Two promises to make Web site creation and hosting a simple and painless affair.
Mr Site Takeaway Website is aimed at home users and small businesses who want their own Web site. The box that you get on purchasing the software merely contains a CD with a few internet tools and the software manual, a manual in booklet form and your activation card with the activation number.
Using this you have to register on the Mr Site Web site, immediately after which you can get down to creating your website. On purchasing the service, you get 150MB of web space, 20 email addresses and a year's worth of hosting. After the first year, Mr Site Takeaway Website Version 2.0 costs $8 a month. The first step is registering your domain, for which Mr Site offers you various domain names (such as .com, .biz, .in).
On the Mr Site page, you begin choosing a design for your site. There are over 100 templates offered in Mr Site Takeaway Website and you can further change the background colour according to your choice. You also choose what kind of menus you want and where you want them placed. After choosing the number of pages that you want, you can start adding content.
To format text, Mr Site Takeaway Website offers an MS Word-like interface allowing you to make use of advanced features such as tables — or Web-centric details like radio buttons and drop-down menus. Alternatively, there's a simpler interface in which you can type and add pictures or files for download.
Mr Site Takeaway Website also allows you to add other features to your site, such as an online shopping page using PayPal's services, an image gallery, a music jukebox, contact forms, guest books, password-protected pages, blogs and even forums.
Creating a Web site from scratch took us about two hours thanks to Mr Site Takeaway Website's intuitive and very simple design. We liked that everything could be done in a step-by-step manner, leaving nothing to be confused about. And the number of features available to the user is quite noteworthy.
Mr Site Takeaway Website allows you to add widgets, Google Ad Sense and Analytics and even a Mr Site ad-banner to make your Web site earn you some cash.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Latest News Articles
- 10 smartphone trends to watch in 2017
- Apple takes more than 100 percent of smartphone profits after Samsung's Galaxy recall
- Despite concerns, analysts expect an OK for AT&T-Time Warner deal
- Microsoft HoloLens eyes enterprise adoption amid crowded field
- Google News battles era of spin with fact check label
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- FTDesktop/Laptop Deployment TechnicianNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Project EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- CCERP LeadWA
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystOther
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSuperannuation Fund AdministratorNSW
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- CCSystems Analyst - Web Services.NSW
- CCAutoCAD Business System Analyst/ GIS, Spatial AnalystNSW